The following are recent changes to the DJB site:
Bug = Bug fix.
Mod = Small modification to current code (ASP or PHP). Often is just optimizations or re-organization.
New = New functionality or feature on site (ASP or PHP).
PHP = Conversion of ASP code to PHP.
June 7, 2011
- new: Modified the ACC to save the character sheets of all battle participants at the start of the battle. The links for those participants in the battle will point to the saved character sheet.
June 3, 2011
- bug: Recovered the Wiki from DOOOOOM!
April 2, 2011
- new: Added UI allowing the Herald to upload robes.
- mod: Stripped off over 50 MB of extraneous data from robes, sabers, and warbanners. Converted many of them to .png
March 9, 2011
- bug: Finally added the VOICE & P:V to all appropriate mailings and granted them appropriate access to the ACC site.
- new: Added links to the TOR forums and a banner baiting people to join (hopefully)
- mod: Added Alien versus Predator, Resistance 2, Killzone 2 and 3 to the list of supported games.
February 19, 2011
- bug: Fixed a bug with the Test of Lore that was causing an error upon completion even though the ToL would still send emails and place the user.
- bug: Resolved bug with Title Management, preventing the deletion of titles.
- bug: Added Odan-Urr to the Gaming Score Result Page
- mod: Enabled Rogue/DC scores on the Gaming Score Result Page
- mod: Upgraded the request competition to the newer ASP code to prevent some errors members were experiencing.
- bug: Hitting the cancel button on the ACC Unsubscribe page will no longer send you to a non-existent page.
January 12, 2011
- bug: Fixed a big bug with the Test of Lore that was preventing new members from receiving their welcome letter and giving units a notification email.
- bug: Fixed bugs with the Prestige system calculations (as reported by Celahir and Timeros). Seals were not taking into account the quanitty of an award event. Clusters of Ice were using the Cluster of Fire quantity steps rather than the Cluster of Ice steps.
January 8, 2011
- bug: Invisible dossiers were visible to non-DC members (and non-logged in members). This has been fixed.
- bug: Actually fixed the ACC rank issues with regards to Robe and Saber selection.
December 31, 2010
- bug: Fixed bug with Saber Selection tool caused by bad code when Xenomorph was entered.
- bug: Fixed error message for members below the rank of Novice that try to customize robes
- bug: Fixed bug preventing ACC members from accessing the Gladiator robes.
December 15, 2010
- mod: Updated some verbiage in the MAA emails.
- mod: Added 4 Halo games and Starcraft 2 to the list of games that we support.
December 13, 2010
- bug: Sith Warlords and Sith Battlelords were not getting Prestige for their rank. This has been fixed.
December 11, 2010
- bug: Adding DC Comments on member was busted. Converted to use the newer ASP code and added in SQL Injection prevention on its queries.
December 11, 2010
- bug: Fixed bug causing mailing list subscriptions to fail. Google Groups discontinued allowing [groupname]-firstname.lastname@example.org (which we were using) and instead uses [groupname]+email@example.com.
- bug: Fixed bug preventing members that were lower than Grand Masters from seeing the ACC sabers they should have access to.
- mod: REDACTED (GM-level eyes only)
December 10, 2010
- bug: Fixed bug causing members with deleted = NULL to be excluded from prestige recalculation.
- new: REDACTED (GM-level eyes only)
December 8, 2010
- mod: Added Prestige for degrees.
December 5, 2010
- new: Launched the new Prestige system!
- new: Created prestige ranking page.
- new: Added Oberstified layout!
- bug: Fixed bug causing DJB History events to expand/contract from a single click that prevented the event from being viewed.
- bug: Fixed bug preventing Battle Team prestige from being generated. Who'd a thunk Multiplier shouldn't be spelled multipler in a variable?
December 4, 2010
- bug: Fixed bug preventing members that took the GMRG course with ID 100 or 104 (rather than 27) from being considered for rank increases/decreases.
- mod: Created a new dossier look and feel for the top section of the dossier. Now includes an Avatar, Prestige, and a cleaner, more modern look.
- new: REDACTED (GM-level eyes only)
- mod: Tweaked the Prestige numbers and added a bunch of new items that grant prestige.
- mod: Greatly simplified the prestige calculation for units.
- bug: Fixed bug allowing members to see when medal and promotion requests are in the queue for them.
- mod: Adjusted it so that DJK and above do not get prompted for a training saber if they haven't passed the course.
- mod: Modified a-acc1.asp, a-rost1.asp, a-requests-ApproveMedals.asp to auto-re-calculate a member's prestige.
December 3, 2010
- new: Implemented the Prestige system as documented in project Rebirth. Currently locked down to be viewable only by myself and Muz.
- mod: Changing the messages on the unauthorized pages to be custom to the specific problem (either you aren't logged in or you don't have access).
- new: Added the functionality to redirect back to the referring page when logging in (or being forced to log in by unauthorized access.
- mod: Updated the Rebirth: The Awakening document to contain accurate accounts of features that have been complete since its creation. While that project as it once was is somewhat void, it is important to note that it contained good ideas, some of which may still become a reality.
December 2, 2010
- bug: Password reset page was throwing errors. I updated it to the newer ASP libraries as a fix.
December 1, 2010
- bug: GMRG generation was looking at the "Recommend Medals" privilege rather than the GMRG privilege. As such, the P:FIST was not able to run GMRG generation. I've updated the script to use the appropriate privilege (database-gmrg).
- bug: Some of the xml files were bombing out due to issues with the old libraries. I converted the xml generating files over to the newer ASP libraries.
- bug: Fixed problem where units linked to from the dossier would show up in "Obestify" mode. I've resolved this problem.
November 30, 2010
- new: Created DJBPrerequisite API
- new: Created DJBTrait API
- new: Created DJBTraitCategory API
- new: Created DJBTraitGroup API
November 29, 2010
- new: Added Sexual Conquests...for fun :D
November 28, 2010
- mod: Moved the activation errors to a more visible error block rather than inline/unstyled text.
- mod: Modified style.css to remove the bullets on success/error messages and bullets on form elements contained in a ul structure.
- bug: I had inadvertently forgotten to move the ACC permissions into the DJBMember _load_access function which was causing ACC messages to not show up for most members with ACC specific positions (e.g. Judges).
- new: Created a DJBEvent API to handle dossier/medal/position events. Fully supports querying, inserting, and updating.
- new: Created a DJBEventComment API to handle event comments.
- php: Migrated the DJB History dossier tab to PHP. Between the two Event APIs and the dossier tab re-write, over 1200 lines of code were written today. Ugh. Bedtime.
November 22, 2010
- bug: Fixed bug preventing the Reccommend Medals/Promotions links from displaying on the dossier. This logic used to identify if the member has a positions that grants recc privileges was ommitted from the _load_access function in DJBMember.class.php. This has now been added.
November 21, 2010
- php: Converted the administration menu to PHP. I took the liberty of making the task items only display the ones that have things to do.
- mod: Altered the dossier to not auto redirect to the search if no id is provided. Instead, if the user is logged in, it will use that user's dossier. If they aren't logged in and they are trying to get to the admin page, it will redirect to the login form.
- php: Converted the dossier's training tab to PHP. Switched it so only courses that have been completed show up.
- bug: Fixed bug where - while editing character sheets - clicking the Character Sheet Overview loaded the full dossier, rather than the appropriate character sheet data.
- php: Converted the dossier's award tab to PHP.
- mod: Removed the need for both clear and faded award images on the dossier's award page. Using CSS to fade out medal images rather than loading completely seperate ones when the member has not yet received the award.
- bug: Fixed bug causing the new PHP admin page to error out when the member viewing it did not hold any DJB positions.
- mod: Adding functionality to the saber and robe selection UI. The selectors now allow for multiple iterations of robes and sabers for a given member, following the following formula: (pin)-robes(iteration).jpg and (pin)-saber(iteration).jpg
- bug: Fixed bug causing some reports to fail to display due to some overzealous string cleaning in DJBReport.class.php
November 20, 2010
- mod: Moved the jQuery live bindings outside of the document.ready in dosser.tpl. This will improve performance on the client side when binding events to links.
- mod: Moved the jQuery code for the dossier into a new js file "js/behavior.dossier.js" for performance sake. With the JS in its own file, it can now be cached by browsers.
- bug: Resolved a bug that prevented degrees from being awarded. The resolution? Migrating the file (a-sa3.asp) to the newer ASP libraries.
- mod: Removed DC members from the cc of password retrieval emails.
- php: Archived some old .asp pages that have already been converted to PHP.
- bug: Fixed the ordering of courses in the ID Lines generated by PHP.
November 19, 2010
- bug: Fixed bug causing the dossier to be ajax loaded when viewing characters sheets on the approveCharacterSheets page. It now only loads the character sheet.
- bug: Fixed bug causing the DJB History to load the full dossier inline (complete with duplicate headers) when attempting to navigate through the DJB History pages and set filter options.
November 17, 2010
- bug: Fixed bug causing all ACC sabers to show for all members.
- bug: Fixed bug preventing newly updated dossier info (Country, Time Zone, AIM, etc) to not show up until the user re-logs in (due to the info being stored in both MS SQL and MySQL). This information now updates and displays when it should.
- bug: Fixed bug causing broken pages to display when dossier tabs are clicked before AJAX binds have been done.
- bug: Fixed bug on the Test of Lore (tol.asp) caused by the tweaks to the ID Lines from the 11th that prevented new members - once completed with the ToL - from being assigned to a House. The fix was a migration to the newer ASP libraries.
- mod: Added the changelog to the Communication menu on the main site and the wiki.
November 14, 2010
- new: Created the changelog page.
November 13, 2010
- bug: Fixed bug (by creating and adding "HasPosition" function to funcRoster.asp) on TournamentResults.asp and TournamentMatchDetails.asp where members that hold multiple positions were prevented from having certain levels of access (e.g. One-click CF awarding).
- new: Added save/update/delete functionality to the PHP DJBRank API.
- php: Converted Rank Management admin page to PHP, updated the Pages database table, and retired the old page (a-db4.asp).
- php: Retired the old GMRG rank management page (a-db5.asp).
November 12, 2010
- bug: Fixed bug with the new PHP dossier that caused the dossier to not display for members that did not hold positions. Whoopsie.
- bug: Fixed bugs caused by the combination of changes involving the Light Side tweaks from yesterday and old admin scripts using the old libraries (stored in includes directory) rather than the newer asp libraries found in the library directory. Affected scripts found so far: a-db4.asp, a-db7.asp, a-db8.asp, a-db9.asp, a-dc1.asp.
- mod: Converted a-db4.asp, a-db7.asp, a-db8.asp, a-db9.asp, a-dc1.asp to use library/inclStandardLibrary.asp
November 11, 2010
- bug: There was a bug in the display of GMRG ranks on the ASP side. When users had had multiple ranks in the past, it was always grabbing rank 1. This has been resolved.
- php: Launched the new Dossier. This launch combines the Reports/Competitions/News tabs into one that ajax-loads additional contents if requested. This launch also removes the following tabs: Relationships, Skills, and History. The "History Outline" tab was renamed to "DJB History". The Administration menu is now included on the dossier.
- new: Updated all links that I could find that pointed to the dossier (or one if its tabs) and the admin page to point to the new PHP dossier. Affected sites: Main site, ACC, Shadow Academy.
- new: Added Light Side "skin" to rosters by adding Sentinel/Guardian/Consular colors and hijacking the Order output done by library/classMember.asp and includes_psu/Member.class.php. Those classes now identify the Odan-Urr House and change the Order accordingly.
- mod: Converted to using the ASP MemberObject on a few functions in funcMember to increase efficiency.
November 10, 2010
- new: Added a feature in the Medal Processing Queues (a-requests-ReviewMedalRequests.asp and a-requests-ApproveMedals.asp) that allows someone to mark/unmark all medals as approved.
- new: Added a feature in a-requests-RequestMedal.asp that allows a user to submit a comma delimited set of pins in order to reccomend medals.
- new: When a DC member reccs a medal, for each medal recc the competition drop-down box was filled with every comp ever run in the DJB. I changed it so that it only loads comps that have an end date greater than or equal to one month ago.
- mod: Added P:F as someone that can use the One-Click CF Award button on the TournamentResults.asp page.
November 3, 2010
- bug: After Clans converted to Houses, the logic for assigning new members to the Houses was busted cheap and always defaulted to assigning members to Arcona (which has the lowest id number of any Hosue) whenever a new member did not input a referral. During the resolution process of this bug, I greatly simplified the logic...throwing out old stuff that didn't apply to the current structure of the DJB. Modified file: includes_php/functions.php
- mod: Tweaked the static get method in DJBReport.class.php and DJBPost.class.php to support the retrieval of smaller quantities of posts/reports.
- mod: Added the jQuery plugin: BlockUI to the list of js libraries that are combined using includes_psu/js_combine.php. Added BlockUI functionality to the new dossier Activity page.
September 5, 2010
- new: Launched the new GMRG functionality, GMRG APIs, and GMRG MySQL database tables.