Greetings all, As you probably could guess from the title, I've opened up the position of Tarentum's Proconsul for applications DJB-wide. We have a huge amount of talent and capability within our own ranks, but I think I'd be remiss to...
As you probably could guess from the title, I've opened up the position of Tarentum's Proconsul for applications DJB-wide. We have a huge amount of talent and capability within our own ranks, but I think I'd be remiss to only consider people from our isolated pool; thus, opening it up to all interested parties. I want to have a name to submit to Sarin and Mav for their okay as soon as possible, so applications are due to me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than August 7th, 2015. I reserve the right to close applications early at my discretion, however, so please don't wait to the last minute.
As Tarentum's Proconsul, you'll be expected to, among other things:
- Maintain a sub-24 hour email turnaround time; preference will be sub-12 hour.
- Maintain constant (read: daily) communication with the rest of the Clan Summit, Clan Extended Summit, and the Clan at large. To this end, Telegram presence is not required but will be a huge plus.
- Do everything you can to promote activity, including creating and running your own competitions as well as assisting with Clan-wide ones
- Assist the rest of the Clan Summit with monitoring activity and appropriately rewarding excellent work
- Assist with the implementation of the Clan's Factions proposal
- Take the lead on projects both as assigned and created on your own initiative. In the immediate term, that'll include a revamp of Tarentum's Wiki pages, creation of applicable NPCs, and updating of Tarentum canon.
Your application should answer the following question: why do you want to be Tarentum's Proconsul?
DJB, Raiju has decided to step down as Consul of Clan Tarentum due to real life. As always, we support these decisions because our hobby in the DJB is never as important as our real life outside of the internet. Raiju did an outstanding job as...
Raiju has decided to step down as Consul of Clan Tarentum due to real life. As always, we support these decisions because our hobby in the DJB is never as important as our real life outside of the internet. Raiju did an outstanding job as Consul of Tarentum and executed every task set out before him. I'm proud of his work and am grateful for what he did for our club.
I have appointed Farrin as the new Consul of Tarentum and that move has already been made. Farrin has done a great job as PCON and his selection was a no-brainer. Please take the time to give Farrin a congratulatory pat on the virtual back. I'll let Farrin handle the PCON announcement at his leisure.
Greetings everyone and welcome to my 41st Report as your Grand Master. This report will cover a host of updates and provide status reports on the projects released last month in the DJB Way Ahead Document. First and foremost, I can't tell all...
Greetings everyone and welcome to my 41st Report as your Grand Master. This report will cover a host of updates and provide status reports on the projects released last month in the DJB Way Ahead Document. First and foremost, I can't tell all of you how incredibly proud I am of our Dark Council. Since the release of the DJB way ahead our Dark Councilors have executed their own individual projects and plans with initiative and gusto that is unlike anything I have seen in the Dark Brotherhood. Its like Rebirth, except...it is actually happening. :p
1) A'lora: Well hell. I can't ever keep A'lora and V'yr separated in my small mind. Apologies Gents. Regardless, A'lora is bad ass and has done a phenomenal job as Consul of Odan Urr and as a member of our Herald Team. Everyone Grab him and thank him for his work!
2) Atty: The position of Arcona is tricky business. You have a load of superstars in your Clan and all of them think they have the best ideas. Managing those beasts is a delicate walk between love and discipline. Atty has done a fine job during her reign as Consul and her work moving up through Arcona leadership positions. Because of this...She is overly deserving of a promotion to EQ3.
3) James: No award for James, yet. But lets talk turkey. I want everyone in this club to understand what James is doing for us. 1) Coding the website updates....too easy. 2) Coding the Gaming Bot....too easy. 3) Coding Possessions in a few days because I asked him to make it a priority....too easy.
Except it is not too easy. Quite frankly, James is and has been this club's most valuable member for well over a few years. He just crushed possessions coding and then looked at the rest of us and said "build it" and now we owe it to him to make things work. And when we are finished, in a few months, James will join a very select few members as one of this club's greatest members of all time. DJM, SL, Silver Sash....all within two years. Not enough. Grab him, thank him, and then thank him again.
Did I say talk turkey?
I did. And we will.
1) The Voice: Evant has published the Fiction Society's proposed scoring system and has received a wealth of feedback from the Dark Council. This feedback is currently being applied to the system and we will publish a new system in a few days time. Additionally, Evant is also the lead on fiction update 1.0 and the new DJB planets. He has submitted a lot of material on both topics and currently is held back by only one thing, a slow GM. Everyone thank grab Evant and thank him for the hell of a job he is doing as Voice!
2) The Fist: Val, who just got the nod to DA, continues to do all the things I ask. These things include our new Bot:
- login to the Fist-o-matic using a code generated through the Club Website
- Members can then enter the que for a variety of 1v1 platforms using a command in #DBGaming
- Fist-o-matic will automatic pair players for duels, and will factor out members who have already played each other 12 times that day (UTC timezone) from being matched with each other
- A response from both members will be required within 5 minutes of the Fist-o-matic pairing, or the bot will kick the non-responsive member (or members) from DBGaming and set up the next pairing.
- Fist-o-matic can be used to report the outcome of the match directly to the website, all from IRC.
- The Fist-o-matic will run 24/7.
- Use of the Fist-o-matic will definitely be required during Vendettas / GJWs. Outside of those events we don't really run into many challenge issues, so I'm inclined to be lenient and allow normal matchmaking. However that could get confusing fast, so I'm tempted to go full time Fist-o-matic required for 1v1 challenges. Probably start it out as optional, and eventually move it to required full time. Maybe make it required after the next GJW once people have had a chance (or been forced) to use it.
3) The JST: Well Damn. Retired Grand Masters do not want to stay retired. Jac and I should be sipping drinks on the XXXX Planet's beach, but instead he is rewriting the Covenant, rewriting the JST website, and maintaining justice in the Dark Brotherhood. Over the past few weeks the JST has submitted to me an updated Covenant that includes major changes to the Star Chamber (gasp), announces GM term limits (gasp), and corrects a large volume of ambiguous wording. Team JST has also updated the Nepotism policy and the Removing Disruptive Members policy. Jac, Halc, and Monty have all been crushing it as the JST team. Find them, thank them.
4) Transparency: Transparency is not a member of the Dark Council, but it is our code. I've asked the DC to do two things, one...improve their position day by day and two...remain transparent with our members. Over the past few weeks the Consuls/DC of the DB have been sent new Fiction Society proposals, new Order Rank Proposals, new Order Color Scheme proposals (Just the Core DC), and there are a host of small team projects being discussed daily. I appreciate everyone's feedback and want all of you to know that your suggestions are improving our systems and will make this club better.
Featured Project: The Star Chamber
We have talked about the Shadowy Cult known as the Star Chamber for years. These discussions and hints have always come in hushed whispers with many within its ranks advising we retain secrecy at all costs. Those days are long gone. The new Covenant Updates by Jac will include a detailed explanation of what the Star Chamber is. Bottom line, the Star Chamber is the group of guys who are tasked with ensuring this club never dies. We pay for everything, we ensure the Grand Master's stay sane, and we keep an eye out for trends that are leading the DJB down a slippery slope of stupidity. The following is a DRAFT of the upcoming proposed DCOV changes relating to the Star Chamber. This draft includes the first every defining of what the Star Chamber is and announces the status of non-GM Star Chamber members on a rotational basis.
Section 3.01 Overview and Purpose of the Star Chamber
(a) Overview – The Star Chamber is the Overclan of the Brotherhood. Its primary functions are to ensure the survival of the Brotherhood and serve as an advisory board to the Grand Master.
(b) Survival of the Brotherhood – The Star Chamber is charged with safeguarding the long-term security and ensuring the survival of the Brotherhood.
(c) Advisory Board – The Star Chamber serves as an advisory board to the sitting Grand Master, overseeing the long-term vision for the Brotherhood and approving major changes to the Brotherhood.
Section 3.02 Membership in the Star Chamber
(a) Grand Masters – The sitting Grand Master is not a member of the Star Chamber, but is the representative of the Dark Council to the Star Chamber. All former Grand Masters who have served in the position of Grand Master since the Exodus and remain in good standing are automatically members of the Star Chamber.
(b) Other Members – Aside from the Grand Masters, there will be two positions on the Star Chamber for members who are not Grand Masters and remain in good standing. These positions will be filled by a senior member of the Brotherhood. Qualified members must have two of the four following required traits: (1) Rank of Dark Jedi Master; (2) Membership spanning at least eight years; (3) service on the Dark Council for at least two years; or (3) service as Deputy Grand Master or Justicar for at least one year.
(c) Terms - Non-Grand Master members of the Star Chamber serve two year staggered terms.
(d) Election of Members - Non-Grand Master members of the Star Chamber will be elected through a selection process by the Grand Masters. Starting with the most recently-retired Grand Master and moving backward, each Grand Master will nominate a member for admission. Prior to the next nomination, the other Grand Masters, including the sitting Grand Master, will be allowed to veto the proposed member. If no veto is offered, then the member is admitted. Each Grand Master is only allowed one veto per nomination process. Upon vacancy of a non-Grand Master membership position, the choice of member will fall to the most recently-retired Grand Master that did not get a nomination in the previous nomination process.
(e) Good Standing - A member of the Star Chamber is in good standing if the member is not on a self-imposed leave of absence with no communication, and the member can respond to Star Chamber communications within three days. A member of the Star Chamber cannot have been convicted of a charge by the Chamber of Justice after the Exodus.
(f) Failure to Maintain Good Standing, Replacement – A member that fails to maintain good standing for a period of ninety days will lose his position on the Star Chamber. In the case of a Chamber of Justice conviction of a Star Chamber member, the member will be removed after the exhaustion of all appeals. Upon removal of a non-Grand Master member, an election to replace him will be held to fill out the remaining term. If the removed member is a Grand Master, the Grand Master may regain his position by becoming a member in good standing.
Section 3.03 Voting by the Star Chamber
(a) Voting Required – All official actions of the Star Chamber require approval. No member of the Star Chamber has independent authority within the Brotherhood as a member of the Star Chamber outside of his ability to vote within the Star Chamber. The Star Chamber will elect as to whether its actions require announcement to the membership, but in cases in which the Star Chamber is confirming a nomination for Grand Master or removing a member from a position, the actions must be announced by a representative of the Star Chamber.
(b) Vote Threshold – All votes of the Star Chamber are approved by a majority vote. All ties are considered a failed vote. Abstentions and unfilled positions do not reduce the vote threshold.
(c) Eligibility to Vote – Only members of the Star Chamber in good standing are eligible to vote.
Section 3.04 Actions of the Star Chamber
(a) Ownership of Assets – All digital assets of the Brotherhood will be held in the name of a Grand Master of the Star Chamber. This includes all domain names, hosting accounts, social media accounts, financial accounts, chat rooms, and other assets.
(b) Grand Master’s Semi-Annual Report – On at least a semi-annual basis, the sitting Grand Master of the Brotherhood will send a report to the Star Chamber detailing (1) the current state of affairs, including details of position assignments and training of leaders; (2) the short and long-term plans for the brotherhood; (3) relevant membership metrics indicating the health of the Brotherhood; and (4) any hardships or problems in the foreseeable future. The Star Chamber will work with the sitting Grand Master to ensure that there is a workable long-term plan for the Brotherhood.
(c) Review and Recognition of Grand Master – The Star Chamber will conduct an annual review of the performance of the Grand Master and will work with the Grand Master to ensure he is working towards accomplishment of the long-term goals of the Brotherhood. The Star Chamber is charged with ensuring proper recognition is given to the Grand Master for his services, including any appropriate medals or other honors.
(d) Succession Review – The Star Chamber shall conduct an annual review of succession planning for the position of Grand Master and any other major Brotherhood leadership positions. The review will focus on evaluating potential successors to the positions as well as the leadership development plans and programs.
(e) Approval of Fundamental Changes – Prior to the sitting Grand Master enacting changes which may be considered fundamental to the Brotherhood (for example, changing the pillars of the Brotherhood, accepting a sister organization, etc.), the Grand Master must review the change and obtain approval of the Star Chamber.
(f) Confidentiality – All discussions of the Star Chamber are confidential; but official votes of the Star Chamber will be announced to the membership.
I'm not going to lie. I'm pleased. The DJB's progress and movement is obvious. Not everyone loves what we are doing with orders, planets, fleets, character sheets, and the like, but I can honestly say I believe these changes are needed and are good for the club. The DC has responded to my challenge to perform to a timeline and they are not only meeting it, but they are exceeding it. To be honest, the slowest person in the process is me, and that is because I continue to have my fingers in a lot of pies. All of the pies.
I will be overseas for another month and then will return to the states for a little bit of rest and relaxation o/a 1 September. I'd expect to see a fiction update and an unannounced competition/game in that time period.
I hope everyone is enjoying our club and knows that our team of DCers and Consuls are working their butts off to make this club better, day by day.
Have a great week everyone! I'll be telegram and email accessible.
Grand Master Pravus aka Sarin
News on Star Wars Battlefront Blast Mode gameplay, information on the upcoming "go-live" for the DBGaming Channel's Gaming Bot. Also included is Cluster rebalancing for SWTOR, Destiny, and Diablo 3. As well as the usual Gaming...
News on Star Wars Battlefront Blast Mode gameplay, information on the upcoming "go-live" for the DBGaming Channel's Gaming Bot. Also included is Cluster rebalancing for SWTOR, Destiny, and Diablo 3. As well as the usual Gaming Competitions that are currently open, Crescents awarded, and Pendants of Blood from the past weeks.
Star Wars Battlefront Blast Mode and Alpha Test News!
A few days ago a new post went up on the Star Wars Battlefront website with details on the Blast Mode gameplay, more commonly known as Team Deathmatch. Players can choose to either play as the Empire or Rebellion in this game mode. The premise of this style of gameplay will be the first team to reach 100 kills winning, or whoever has the most kills in a 10 minute round. In DB terms, that makes it fairly easy to assign a CF value to...
Last month there was an Alpha Test conducted on Star Wars Battlefront for PC. Unfortunately the NDA limited people involved from telling us anything more than "There was an Alpha Test and I was part of it.". However, through Sith trickery I managed to get Arden/Kz'set to divulge the specs for his PC which he used during the Alpha Test. It is important to note that these WERE NOT the minimum specs for participation in the Alpha Test, and we still don't know the minimum specs for the game. As soon as EA Star Wars releases the official minimum specs I'll be running a poll to see where most people will be playing this game, which will assume they either already have one of the supported platforms or are in the process of buying one. Fine print aside, here's the specs for Ardens machine which was able to run the Battlefront Alpha Test:
- FX-8120 (8 core 3.1 ghz)
- 8 GB RAM
- Nvidia 730 2gb video card
The only review we could get from the (rightfully) tight lipped Verpine was, "I'll be buying it." That's good enough for me though! Still hoping for an Open Beta in the next few months.
DBGaming and Fist-o-Matic
If you've spent any time in the DBGaming channel in the last month or two you've noticed a new Bot which likes to remind you to log in to it. We're wrapping up the finishing touches on the Fist-O-Matic now and will have a full description of the commands and capabilities of it coming later this month. For now, a brief explanation of what the Fist-o-Matic is going to do for you.
- After logging in to the Fist-O-Matic and entering yourself into a platforms que you will be matched with another person also in that platforms que. This will eliminate much of the drama and confusion related to challenges and match dodging.
- Upon matching there will be a 5 minute window which requires a response from both parties who were paired to play. If one or both do not respond they will be kicked from the DBGaming channel for idling. This will help people better use their gaming time, so they aren't waiting 30 minutes for a person they challenged but had to go AFK to do something all of the sudden to return.
- Fist-O-Matic will also be able to report your match results to the website, through a command that you can issue to it on IRC.
TOR Cluster Balancing
Flashpoint balancing within TOR remains relatively accurate to the standard (5 min per Cluster). We did find a discrepancy among operations though and will be making the following changes to the base (8 person) awards:
- EV,KP, and EC: Decreasing from 8 CE to 6 CE
- TFB: Decreasing from 16 CE to 8 CE
- SnV: Decreasing from 16 CE to 12 CE
- DF and DP: Decreasing from 20 CE to 9 CE
No change to the existing Ravagers and ToS Operations at this time. All changes were based on in game time to completion for the associated raids and will be going live on the Gaming Submission tables shortly after this report is posted.
An additional change which remains in discussion among the Fist Staff is to apply the Members Present table to TOR Flashpoints and Operations. If this were to be added we would drop the bonus associated with running the 16 person version of the Raid.
- 2-3 Members: 1.0x modifier (no change)
- 4-5 Members: 1.1x modifer
- 6-9 Members: 1.2x modifier
- 10+ Members: 1.3x modifier
Expect more on this last section in my next report.
Destiny Cluster Balancing
Several changes for Destiny are in the works. Mostly related to Strikes, Raids, and Prison of Elders.
- Crota's End Raid: Decreasing from 20 CE to 12 CE
- Prison of Elders 28: Decreasing from 8 CE to 6 CE
- Prison of Elders 32: Decreasing from 16 CE to 9 CE
- Prison of Elders 34: Decreasing from 20 CE to 12 CE
Additionally, we will be dropping Hard Mode Strike and Nightfall Strike modifiers. The Strikes will be worth the same amount of CE regardless of the difficulty they are run on. Again, all changes were based on in game time to completion for the associated raids and will be going live on the Gaming Submission tables shortly after this report is posted.
Diablo Cluster Balancing (not going live today)
I've been spending some time on the Diablo 3 Public Test Realm for Patch 2.3 in the past few weeks. There's been a few changes which are being made that lend themselves towards an entirely new system for rewarding Diablo 3 activity. This would totally replace the existing "Cluster per Elite" system, and allow the Daily Cap to be raised or potentially eliminated.
In the next Patch players will be able to run regular Rifts without requiring a Rift Key Stone. The Keystone of Trials which drops from regular Rift Guardians will be replaced with a Keystone that allows you to open a Greater Rift of a level of your own choosing, up to a difficulty based on the last successfully run Greater Rift. Additionally, Torment 7 through 10 will be introduced. The Greater Rift Selection screen also shows a difficulty description next to several Greater Rift Levels (G Rift 10 is Torment 1, G Rift 24 is Torment 6, G Rift 45 is Torment 10). Those are the key changes which apply to this system, there's lots of other cool things (like Kanai's Cube) which I won't get into here. Based on these changes this is what I'm proposing:
- Regular Rifts from Torment 1 to Torment 5 Difficulty award 2 CF for completion
- Regular Rifts from Torment 6 to Torment 9 award 2.5 CF for completion
- Regular Rifts at Torment 10 award 3 CF for completion
- Greater Rifts from 10 to 23 award 2 CF for completion
- Greater Rifts from 24 to 44 award 2.5 CF for completion
- Greater Rifts above 45 award 3 CF for completion
Reasoning is as follows: Anything below Torment 1 is so trivial that in a group no one should be running it. Additionally due to loot drop restrictions there is no reason to play below Torment 1 as certain key items to nearly every build are required and they will not drop if you aren't playing in Torment difficulty. Leveling characters are not considered in this, as a Level 1 character can be powerleveled to 70 in less than an hour with help from an existing 70 with moderate gear. Finally, let's be honest, adding in the crazy low level option is just asking for someone to run 3 minute Normal Rifts all day long to rack up a huge amount of CEs.
Target to advance in a G Rift is 15 minute completion. Members should rarely be spending over 15 minutes in a Rift, which is why CEs stop going up at 3. Ideally gearing up (G Rift 10-23) you're going to wait to shoot for a Rift you can complete in 10 minutes or less, which is why the CE for it is set at 2. The 2.5 is meant to be an increase in reward to encourage folks not to just farm a G Rift 10 at 5 minutes a Rift. And 3 CE is for the current end game Rifts that people are running which will most likely be taking 15 minutes or more.
Last time I proposed something like this there were many unhappy people. Since that time I've had a decent amount of those opposed to this system change their minds in favor of it, which is why its back on the table. Leave some comments with your thoughts please.
July's Gaming Stats
Total Members vs Environment and Members vs Others activities reviewed and approved by Fist Staff:
- TOR: 110
- Destiny: 78
- Diablo 3: 61
- Star Conflict: 46
Total Member vs Member activities reviewed and approved by Fist Staff:
- Pazaak: 84
- Jedi Academy: 28
- Starcraft 2: 13
- TOR Duels: 2
July Gaming Competitions
- SWTOR Varmint Hunter Collect the most varmint parts to win. Proceeds go to the DB Guild Bank.
- Star Wars Commander: Conflict at Boonta Eve (Apple & Android) Reach the highest league you can to win.
- Star Wars Online Collectable Card Game Open Lots of details on this comp, read the competition entry for the full explanation.
- Star Conflict PVP Collect the most CFs in Star Conflict to win.
- Mobile Gaming: Cytus) Obtain the highest score to win. Clusters of Fire for participation.
- God of Destruction Highest amount of casualties wins.
- Diablo 3 Season 3 Greater Rift Ladder (Non-Seasonal Characters) Complete the highest Greater Rift on a Non-Seasonal character to place and win. Diablo is talking about the next season coming soon, it is already available on the PTR. Get involved in this while you still can!
- Diablo 3 Season 3 Greater Rift Ladder (Seasonal Characters) Complete the highest Greater Rift on a Non-Seasonal character to place and win. Diablo is talking about the next season coming soon, it is already available on the PTR. Get involved in this while you still can!
This month's Gorefests will be run on the following dates:
- Friday 14Aug2015 - Sunday 16Aug2015
Pendants of Blood
Starting 22Mar2015 the Weekly PoB has been awarded for matches from Sunday to Friday. A second PoB will be awarded for Saturday matches, consider this a "Gaming Day". Time will be based on GMT just like competitions, so Friday at 7pm EST the "Gaming Day" will begin and conclude at 7pm EST Saturday. Following completion of the Gaming Nights project this may change back to a Sunday-Saturday one per week reward. The wiki has not been updated with this new schedule for that reason.
- 04Jul2015: Only 4 members competed, need 5 for PoB. This day's matches will be rolled forward.
- 04Jul2015 - 10Jul2015: DJK Kelly Mendes of Clan Plagueis, PVP Score of 10.37 (66 Matches Played, 37 Matches Won)
- 11Jul2015: Only 4 members competed, need 5 for PoB. This day's matches will be rolled forward.
- 11Jul2015 - 17Jul2015: DJK Bentre Stahoes of Clan Naga Sadow, PVP Score of 12.03 (30 Matches Played, 19 Matches Won)
- 18Jul2015: Guardian Duelist Sa Ool of Clan Odan-Urr, PVP Score of 6.13 (24 Matches Played, 13 Matches Won)
- 19Jul2015 - 24Jul2015: Dark Jedi Knight Jorm (The Jester) Na'trej of Clan Scholae Palatinae, PVP Score of 27.92 (39 Matches Played, 33 Matches Won)
- 25Jul2015: Sith Warlord Andrelious J. Mimosa-Inahj of Clan Taldryan, PVP Score of 7.35 (36 Matches Played, 23 Matches Won)
- 26Jul2015 - 31Jul2015: Obelisk Prelate Dox Romanae Tarentae of Clan Tarentum, PVP Score of 27 (27 Matches Played, 27 Matches Won)
- 01Aug2015: No members competed, need 5 for PoB. This day's matches will be rolled forward.
And now, some Crescents for gamers:
GMRG Gorefest: July 2015
- 1st Place - Guardian Duelist Sa Ool
- 2nd Place - Sith Warlord Andrelious J. Mimosa Inahj
- 3rd Place - Dark Jedi Knight Athrun Zala
Star Wars App - Force Training
- 1st Place - Jedi Knight Suur (115 Stars)
- 2nd Place - Jedi Knight Justin Wayne (114 Stars)
- 3rd Place - Dark Jedi Knight Bentre Stahoes (55 Stars)
Star Wars Commander: Incinerator Tournament (Windows)
- 1st Place - DP Keirdagh Taldrya Cantor
- 2nd Place - DJM Howlader Taldrya
Star Wars Commander: Heroic Defense Challenge II (Windows)
- 1st Place - DP Keirdagh Taldrya Cantor
- 2nd Place - DJM Howlader Taldrya
Star Wars Commander: Starship Tournament (Windows)
- 1st Place - DP Keirdagh Taldrya Cantor
- 2nd Place - DJM Howlader Taldrya
Star Wars Commander: Double Reward Tournament (Apple & Android)
- 1st Place - JK Suur
- 2nd Place - DA Strategos Thanatos Entar Arconae
- 3rd Place - JH Darkblade
Star Wars Commander: Triple Reward Tournament (Apple & Android)
- 1st Place - DJK Licah Fox
- 2nd Place - DA Strategos Thanatos Entar Arconae
- 3rd Place - JK Suur
Monthly Mobile Gaming: Sokoban
- 1st Place - Jedi Knight Rangel
- 2nd Place - Protector Djasei Brevis
- 3rd Place - Sith Warrior Lucyeth
Useful Gaming Links
- Rites of Combat
- Gaming Information
- Gaming Servers
- Telegram - DB Chat
- Telegram - DJB Gamers Lounge
- Teamspeak Server Information
There has been a lot of reviewing and discussing different topics over the past few weeks that has this a few days later than I would have liked. The most important of which is the current staffing decisions that will help get some projects off...
There has been a lot of reviewing and discussing different topics over the past few weeks that has this a few days later than I would have liked. The most important of which is the current staffing decisions that will help get some projects off the ground, and other updates on where things are at.
Cluster of Ice Requests
I have created an email address, email@example.com, that can be used by any member requestings Clusters of Ice. Or any other general questions of the Voice staff. I have set it up (I believe) similar to the MAA staff email address where anyone can email to the whole list.
Reminder again: Organizers must send their pins and word counts to me, for Clusters of Ice to be awarded. Format: Pin#wordcount
Socks has completed work she and I started a while back, and created a new logo for the Fiction Society. The fictional background has been shared with the Voice staff and is being reviewed. So many details are shaping up.
When it comes to the main way you progress through the ranks, after some review on a smaller team, I took the entire proposal to the Dark Council for more feedback. While the resulting distributions of the ranks didn’t get much negative feedback (if any), which is good, some specific offline discussions have been incredibly beneficial to the next iteration of the society. I will give a specific thanks to Bubba and to Yacks for their willingness to debate and argue over the logic of the whole thing.
There are still a few more days of open discussion for any concerns, and then I will incorporate that feedback and spin things back up with the team for some decisions to move forward.
I have had some great conversations with Sarin, and Mav, about the direction to take some of the first fictional updates I make in the Dark Jedi Brotherhood. I already have part of this written, with the entire thing planned out, taking a look at just what things are like right now fictionally for the Dark Council and for life in the Clans. I hope to have this proofed and released very shortly.
I received some great applications to help on the Voice staff with some projects, and I really want to find ways to get every single member who wants to be involved in the fictional activities of the Dark Jedi Brotherhood. For now however, I have some specific projects I really needed to get started, and have made the hard decision on who will help me do this right away. To that end the staff will be…
- Kz’set di Plagia: Or as he is likely known, Arden, will remain on staff and be primarily tasked with some administrative projects. In addition to continuing his support of the CS 2.0 efforts until they’re complete, he will help take a look at the different approval guidelines and documentation managed by the Voice office.
- Atra Ventus: Will join the staff as a Magistrate, and be helping me out specifically with some research, ideas, and presentation for the DJB system. So many of our fictions rely on the DJB system, and I hope to present everything in a clear and complete way when all is said and done with his help.
- Xen’Mordin Vismorsus: Will also join the staff as a Magistrate, and be helping almost entirely with NPCs. There are quite a few that need to be updated and kept track of from the last Great Jedi War, going into the next one, including many we may have lost track of. These NPCs will play an important role fictionally in the future, so a system to manage them and catch up with everything to today is important.
I’ve chosen these three specific individuals for their track records, and demonstrated skills, and am looking forward to what we can accomplish as a team. I would definitely like to see new and different members come through the Voice staff, much like the Herald and MAA staff have been operating. So as these projects come to completion, I expect we’ll see some rotation. Normally I would have only 2 Magistrates, but without a Praetor I have chosen to have 3. Once I hire a Praetor, I will only have 2, with the Praetor taking on larger projects.
A Tourist’s Guide To The Galaxy: Atra Ventus, from Clan Naga Sadow, is running this competition that lasts until the end of August. It is a pamphlet, in story format, covering a member’s own system. As the Dark Council, and Atra, look at creating the DJB System as it exists following the destruction on Antei, members can reflect on their own systems and talk about why they are so awesome.
Road to Damascus: Myself (giving a shot at 1st level Crescents), along with Xen’Mordin Vismorsus, from Clan Scholae Palatinae are running a fiction competition until the end of August that looks into the life of Rhiaen Ust’essi. Giving members a chance to interact with her once more and make some decisions about what life has been like for her.
Boarding the Zephyr: Bentre Stahoes from Clan Naga Sadow ran this DJB wide competition where you come across a floating ship and what awaited you inside. Dark Jedi Knight Calindra Hejaran from Clan Scholae Palatinae took the top honors and 1st place, congratulations to her.
An Objective History: Andrelious from Clan Arcona is running a competition that completed yesterday where 10 members participated, looking at what a character owns in the spirit of the upcoming much talked about possessions. Good luck to all who participated.
Voice Staff Links
- Antei Combat Center
- Character Sheet Approval Guidelines
- Voice Competition Approval Guidelines
- Cluster of Ice
- Dark Side Scroll
- Standard Fiction Grading Rubric
It’s been a very busy couple weeks, with a lot of debate, discussions and decisions. I have a staff in place now, and some processes, to help things stay on track. I hope the month of August will see many of these discussions come to life and a lot of things being revealed to the membership once they’re ready and final.
If you ever have any questions, ideas, feel free to let me know. I do my best to reply quickly.
Voice of the Brotherhood
Hi all, As most of you have probably noticed, we have just switched over the default site layout to the new "Splash" layout Vyr and I have been working on. This theme contains color schemes for each of the upcoming Orders, which will...
As most of you have probably noticed, we have just switched over the default site layout to the new "Splash" layout Vyr and I have been working on. This theme contains color schemes for each of the upcoming Orders, which will automatically be selected based on your order. Until the new Orders are implemented we will be serving the Sith and Jedi layout based on your Path.
In case you want to try one of the other Order colors, or for some reason want to switch back to the old layout, please head to the Edit Dossier section of your admin panel where you can override the default theme.
Note that the Wiki and Discourse currently are still on the old layout but will follow the main site soon. We will be tweaking the new layouts in the coming days/weeks, so be sure to let us know if you find any bugs.
Please join me in thanking Vyr for all the GFX magic he performed for this project :)
Introduction Second report. Woohoo, progress. Several good reports down there * points at news feed *. Go check ‘em out before this one, eh? Shout-outs I’d like to say a couple of words first. First of all I want to thank and congratulate A’lora...
Second report. Woohoo, progress.
Several good reports down there * points at news feed *. Go check ‘em out before this one, eh?
I’d like to say a couple of words first. First of all I want to thank and congratulate A’lora Kituri on his exemplary service to the Herald’s office and Clan Odan-Urr. A’lora has been awarded the Amethyst Kukri for his efforts. Well earned.
Turel has taken my old position of PCON of Odan-Urr. I’ll enjoy working with him again in serving the Clan (I still do that, you know, even if I’m the Herald :P Councillor of Urr! Represent! :P) Hopefully he, A’lora, Nathan and the rest of COU’s Summit will work well together. Make me proud guys. :)
As you all may or may not know, my new Magistrates are Arcia Cortel from Arcona and Selika Roh from Plagueis. Both of them are truly exceptional artists and a boon to the team. Their day-to day work includes lightsabers and warbanners, however they do and will help me with DB-wide projects as we progress.
They will, however, only remain in their positions for 6 months (or longer, depending on projects they're working on at the time). Why did I implement this system? To open the office to a wider crowd of people. Until now the Herald's office has been very much closed for many members due to a permanent staff. I want to change that. this is not to say that Arcia or Selika don't do good work, quite the contrary. They will be able to reapply should they want to.
Again, the point is to keep a flow of people moving through the office, learning new techniques, influencing the Club's overall graphics and steadily building a community of artists that could one day become a new society.
But regarding my Magistrates, I expect great things from them, so when you seem them on chat congratulate them on their new positions.
Right now that that’s out of the way, today I have several goodies for you guys to chew on. Strap yourselves in cowboys, we’re goin’ for a ride.
Web design is nearing a close very thoon. Very, very thoon. James (who is awesomesauce, btw) and I have been working hard on ideas and designs and ideas and stuff and...for almost a week now. We’re nearing completion of the project and you should expect it to be done….well...Thoon :P
For now I leave you with a teaser:
News News News
Not really :P Mav has revealed a teaser for Possessions in his last report. You can expect a lot more of those coming as we progress. The project is massive so please be patient a bit longer. ;)
Herald Style Hanukkah 2015
Preparations for HSH ‘15 have already started as I type this report. As this is the last official HSH before we implement the new system, it will be huge. You can expect two robes and two weapons a day for eight days around Xmas. (not sure on exact dates yet. i’ll keep you appraised.)
Yes, you read that right. That is 16 robes and 16 weapons!
The robes will be 8 unique models for males and females while the sabers and weapons (maybe blaster, maybe vibroswords, who knows) will probably be 8 of each. These numbers may change in the future depending on our workload but I imagine we can deliver on this promise. We have a solid team now and everyone will contribute evenly to get it done. Gone are the days when the Herald did everything alone. Time to team up.
Cluster of Earth
The cluster of Earth has been sitting on our to-do list for a while now. I apologize that it came out so late but we just didn’t have a good design ready. Well that all changed when my Praetor, Rhiann, presented me a hand drawn sketch for the Cluster. It was badass, bold and screamed “Earth Nation” to me :P Suffice to say that’s the route I took when making it come to life. You can find it on your dossiers, but if you’re interested in the large version, here it is.
Warbanners, Sabers and Requests
Let’s start with
In the past two weeks four were completed. From left to right:
- Obelisk Prelate Caesar by V’yr Vorsa
- Consular Cleric Solari-Urr by A’lora Kituri
- Sith Battlelord Terran Koul by V’yr Vorsa
- Sith Warlord Andrelious J. Mimosa-Inahj by Selika Roh
- Zednich Wolfram
- Nite Dawn
- Teylas Ramar
- Tra'an Reith
- Tharess Crestor
By V’yr Vorsa:
- Ranarr Kull
By V’yr Vorsa
- House Galares Report graphics
- Tar PCON Report graphics
- Shadow’s Bane Report graphics
- Apostates of Syn Report graphics
- Sapphire squadron Report graphics
- Harbingers Report graphics
- Knights of Allusis Report graphics
- House Hoth QUA Report graphics
- Masters of our Fate Taldryan event graphics
There’s a Form for that
- Warbanner Request
- Custom Saber Request
- Leadership Graphics Request
- Second Sons Artwork Volunteers:
- Herald FAQ
Ask the Herald
Locke asks: What new graphics will you be providing us with soon?
I have already presented the web design teaser. Possessions, most definitely, though I’m not sure when. You can expect a couple of comps for the Day of the Fox and of course Herald Style Hanukkah.
Omega asks: What's your favorite colour and why?
I don’t have any particular favorite color. I prefer warm yellows, oranges and browns to any colder color, though. I generally don't like black, unless it's coffee or clothing (that's metal :P)
Locke asks: Can you give us an example of your graphical style so we can get an idea of what HSH might look like?
You can find most of my stuff here: Portfolio. Hope that helps.
Atty asks: Vyr would you be interested in converting some of your tutorials to SA courses?
Yes, in the future when I’m not busy as I am now.
Atty continues: ...and would you do art trades? <3
Locke asks: We currently have the societies and ranking up as ways to obtain new shiny graphics for our dossiers. Will you be providing us with any ways to earn new options in the future? Such as other things to stick in the accessory slot? Although, I freaking love my Crusade ribbons
You can expect the Fiction society to have cool options, but other than earning them through societies, no, you will not be able to receive (Custom) Accessories for the foreseeable future (unless Possessions changes that in some meaningful way.)
Locke asks: WHEN IS POSSESSIONS COMING OUT OMG?!
Lexic asks: Could I have a Pokemon Flute as an accessory?
I don’t even know what that is :P
Aaleeshah asks: What are going to be included in the new possessions, if you know?
Can’t say at this point in time. Wait for my next report, or the one after that. Maybe then I’ll have something solid for you. ;)
Turel asks: Vyr, are you planning on re-launching second sons or a successor program?
The Second sons never actually stopped working, so to speak, but there is not much work for them to do. The whole reason I started this 6 month Magistrate cycle is to develop a steady community of graphics designers and artists for a future society (maybe?). We’ll see what Possessions bring but I don’t imagine they’ll have a lot of work to do with the team I’ve built now.
Turel asks: Also, any plans on adjusting rank requirements for sabers, warbanners etc?
Unfortunately, no. Those are pretty well balanced now. Any change would require a major overhaul of the system. The system is working, so why break it?
Turel asks: Bonus: Can I have a pony princess in my robe slot?
You can have whatever you want….when you get my position :P
Rhiann asks: Vyr, what species of tree are you if you had to pick a real one
A birch. I’m not even kidding and no it’s not a pun :P
Locke asks: Will you make more DJB Telegram stickers for us?
Since when do I do those? :P Maybe. Possibly. It’s classified. :P
Mar Sul asks: How many crayons do you have at the ready? and what color are they?
20.865,76 crayons. And they’re all magic colored.
Malik asks: who do we bribe/kill for custom robes
Custom robes will be issued to DC members and winners of annual Herald comps only…for now. :P
Commission artists and Artist Feature
every report I will present 3 artists from various sites on the internet that do commission work. You can directly contact them through their contacts on these pages:
This report's artist feature is our very own Seyda Norith.
Seyda has a very unique and interesting style some have defined as "cute". And they're right. It is cute :P
You can find her gallery Right Here! Go check it out.
Big time changes. Lots of progress. Lots more to come. Stay tuned and as always...
See you Space Cowboys. ;)
Greetings, friends and brethren all! House Galeres of Clan Arcona is in need of a new Quaestor! To that end, applications for House Galeres Quaestor will be open Brotherhood-wide until Thursday, August 6th, at 23:59 EST. I rather liked Jac’s...
Greetings, friends and brethren all!
House Galeres of Clan Arcona is in need of a new Quaestor! To that end, applications for House Galeres Quaestor will be open Brotherhood-wide until Thursday, August 6th, at 23:59 EST.
I rather liked Jac’s position on his Appeals Panelist hirings, and so shall add the same disclaimer that we reserve the right to select a candidate before the end of the deadline if we receive one worthy of such. So, if you’re interested, be prompt in submitting your awesome application.
Applicants should have:
- A concrete plan of action and ideas for the House moving forward
- Any past leadership in the Brotherhood or notable achievements listed
- Any leadership experience outside of the club or in real life that may be relevant listed
- ~ <12 Hour email turn-around time
- Strong IRC and TG presence (TG is not required but is encouraged)
- Rank of at least Dark Jedi Knight
- Ideas for the fictional expansion and position of House Galeres and their role within Clan Arcona
- 30/60/90 day plan
- Answer the Question: “Why do you want to be Quaestor of House Galeres?”
Typical Quaestor duties include:
- Writing and publishing monthly House reports
- Tracking and being conscious of members’ activity and taking responsibility for keeping track of when they are due for medals or promotions
- Writing of lead and/or supporting recommendations for medals and promotions
- Oversee the development and direction of House and Battleteams
- Constant communication with the rest of the Summit, including upper summit, sister-House leaders, and Clan Rollmaster
- Development, training, and appointment of subordinate leaders
It's been one of those rumours that just won't seem to die. A Star Wars Live Action TV Series. Despite the fact that it's been around since before Disney purchased Lucasfilm, we're always hearing more stories about people writing...
It's been one of those rumours that just won't seem to die. A Star Wars Live Action TV Series. Despite the fact that it's been around since before Disney purchased Lucasfilm, we're always hearing more stories about people writing treatments and trying to resurrect the series that the creator himself announced a decade ago at Star Wars Celebration III. But like so many other projects relating to Star Wars, it never seemed to go anywhere.
We first heard of rumours about Disney taking a stab at the live series back in March, and to be perfectly honest, it made as much sense back then as it does now. They already have a good working relationship with multiple Marvel properties, including a network series with Agents of Shield, and they're working with Netflix on a trio of titles including Daredevil, not to mention the fact that they own their own cartoon channel. But despite how much sense it might make.. we haven't really heard anything about it… until now.
Although it's still in the realms of completely unconfirmed rumours, Jordan Maison at Cinelinx is reporting that he has information from multiple sources that Star Wars won't be getting a singular title to be working with, but much like it's Marvel Step-Brother, it'll be looking to ramp up with a whole group of TV Series airing exclusively on Netflix.
There's still nothing being reported as to the content of any of these supposed shows, but I think it's entirely likely that we'll be seeing beloved ancillary characters expanded out in greater detail in shows like this, or even brand new plot points and new stories. Regardless of the content, with Netflix's track record and the support that Disney seems to be giving to its bumper franchises, we may be in for one wild ride.
Good evening, Brotherhood. The Hands of Justice and I have had a chance to convene to discuss the applicants for the next term of the Appeals Panel. We received many fine applications and are grateful for all of the interest. In the end, however,...
Good evening, Brotherhood.
The Hands of Justice and I have had a chance to convene to discuss the applicants for the next term of the Appeals Panel. We received many fine applications and are grateful for all of the interest. In the end, however, there can be only three.
Please join me in congratulating and welcoming as members of the Chamber of Justice the following individuals:
- Sith Battlelord Pel of Clan Tarentum;
- Sith Warrior Kenath Zoron of Clan Taldryan; and
- Dark Jedi Knight Dek Rott of Clan Scholae Palatinae.
The three of you will receive "welcome packets" from me in the next few days to further explain your roles.
Thank you to the outgoing panelists: Legorii Arconae, Dacien Victae di Plagia, and Kell Palpatine Dante! Each of you have been awarded with an Anteian Cross for your service.
Until next time, behave yourselves.
~ Jac Cotelin
Justicar and High Protector of the Brotherhood