As the title suggests both pages are live. Look out for a report before the end of the month with more detailed information moving forward and future competitions that will run weekly. Follow and subscribe and lets get our name out there! * DJB...
The past quarter has seen some final touches to a lot of different ongoing efforts, and fixes to things in possessions as you’ll see in the change log. With that behind me, I will touch on where my focus will be over the next quarter and some...
The past quarter has seen some final touches to a lot of different ongoing efforts, and fixes to things in possessions as you’ll see in the change log. With that behind me, I will touch on where my focus will be over the next quarter and some opportunities.
I originally hired magistrates (Abadeer and Bubba who did an awesome job establishing some standards for the office out the gate) to help launch possessions, then I got rid of the magistrates, but now I am looking to hire again. I don’t know the quantity, probably two, but depends on strength of the applicants. My goal will be to train these magistrates on possessions, how it works, how its setup, and what the roadmap looks like. The intent being if myself, or Halcyon, or both, are not around to manage everything that there are members who could step up and support things without leaning heavily on James to train them because he set it all up on the site and knows how it works. If you are interested in this, please send an application to Halcyon (Praetor) and I by May 11th and provide in it what you like about possessions, what you don’t like about possessions, some ideas you might have for possessions, and then feel to talk about Star Wars too if you want. It’s awesome after all.
Arx Capital Exchange
I try and spend at least some time working on the fictional backstory of the Regent office. I plan to elaborate over time, and get some stories up on discourse, while running some competitions that try and explore how the organization interacts indirectly with the membership. Like with most organizations around the DJB, there are things that need doing. I am going to start this with a competition, as one example of an interaction your character might have that runs until the end of May.
Competition: ACE - Jervada Asteroid Belt
Dark Council Order of Battle
One of the top projects I’m working on, as a collaborative effort between the GM, DGM and Voice, is the Dark Council Order of Battle. With the intent to document the fleet and ground forces of the Dark Council, and the various societies and sub-groups. There is some great progress already and discussion that goes back at least a year, but I’ve already taken some of this and started to actually get some traction with it. I hope with this in place, it will clarify a lot for people who are trying to scale the Dark Council and understand what they have going on resources wise. My role is primarily in balancing it against the Clans and building it on the site. End of the day, the actual composition and strength are being setup to align with the fictional direction of things. If you have questions you can ask any of us on the project.
You can see more about the content expansion details in this news post. Specifically adding new content to a wide range of areas and from the latest film and game. I have immediately started to collect proposed items for the next content expansion, but expect it to be sometime late summer and focus on all the new content since. If you have ideas for items, please email them to Halcyon and I.
Part of what slowed down the content expansion was how to go about what I’ve referred to as the society experience. I wanted a store that sold items that required different society ranks to unlock, the ability to buy versions of items granted for free, as well as a similar experience in the level and type of rewards in each society. Of note, because they mostly exist as part of free society experience giveaways, commodity rarity level items are intended as items with no value, which are granted for free. You get the functionality for 1 character, but limited customization and no value. Purchased items equivalent to those free ones have a rarity level, and as such sometimes have a disparate number of aspects as intended and an actual value in credits in the system. Going forward I think this sets up an awesome baseline for future items added across all the societies, and will allow for a more rewarding launch of the graphics society where all the items are primed and ready to go. Members may have noticed new commodity rarity items nobody had been granted, James has since implemented the triggers on the site and everyone should now have those items. It's difficult to coordinate literally everything to happen simultaneously but this is now done.
For reasons I’ve continually discussed, adding new means to gain credits is always on my radar. Currently Muz Ashen Keibatsu is looking over the trophies for possibility to award credits there, as well as possibly looking for new trophies that might award credits, one of which James Lucius Entar plans to implement soon. There is also a coming new society that will have a payment structure identical to those that already exist. As well as several other thoughts I have I’m discussing again with the GM and DGM currently. If you have any ideas on this front drop me a note.
There is no new progress here. It remains a large undertaking and I have some progress. You’ll hear more from me next time around as I find time to dig into this more now that the society and content are wrapped up.
The Celebration Store was something created last year to celebrate Star Wars. The intent is to do something similar again this year and you can expect another report out from me to announce its opening. I already have approval to create the items just need to get them finished up and stocked.
I have decided to enlist support to help see this project done. I’ve already gotten great help from Shadow Nighthunter and Muz Ashen Keibatsu and others just to get the conversation rolling, as well as everyone who helped leave comments on discourse to help collect data. I have talked to the GM and decided to enlist the support of Kojiro Keibatsu who will help drive the discussions as we find time and keep some progress on creatures.
I wanted to add a new project to the list since it’s more of an undertaking than just some content. There is a plan to expand the Back Item Type to include a new Item Category called Coats. This actually already was a planned category at some point, but the plan is to bring it back. For simplicity sake, we decided to eliminate the category and have people just use their armor item to cosmetically discuss any sort of coat that accompanied their armor. It was all very non-functional. However, there is an increasing number of people who want Cloak like functionality but modified them to basically be coats. Expect some time in the near future we’ll expand out this entire category and give a means to purchase coats. That said, the reason coats were removed is still valid; people can simply cosmetically add a coat to their armor. So really all you buy with a back slot item that’s a coat is the added functionality.
- Sith Scroll item granted as part of the Shadow Academy society renamed to Sith Order Scroll and description updated to clarify what is contained on the scroll
- Sith Tome description updated to clarify that the item is as pictured, written and bound text in book format.
- Expanded Pyramidal Holocron to note that it contains the complete history of the Shadow Academy Society as part of the knowledge and * clarified how it functions as a holocron item.
- Expanded Cubed Intensity Holocron description to clarify how it functions as a holocron item.
- Expanded Dodecagon Holocron description to clarify how it functions as a holocron item.
- Imperial Royal Guard Armor renamed to just Royal Guard armor to meet naming conventions. Since the GMRG is not the Imperial Royal Guard.
- Updated the Seneschal's Personal Energy Shield Generator to be a small portable shield and not a personal energy shield. A disk on a gauntlet, and not a projection around the wearer.
- Slight adjustments to various Armor and Back items descriptions so they don’t conflict with planned system definition around Armor in the DJB
- Added Attire category as a 4th level of armor types below Light Armor at the same cost multiplier. For armor with virtually no protective capabilities. Light Armors have been moved to this category as appropriate Casual Attire, Costume, Formal Attire, Hide Armor, Medical Attire, Natural Armor, Political Attire, Scavenger Armor, Scoundrel Armor, Rebel Officer Uniform, Clone Military Uniform, Imperial Military Uniform, First Order Officer Uniform and Synthweave Bodyarmor.
- Antares Consolidated Armourers store updated to purchase Attire items.
- Added 4 passengers to the TIE/sa Bomber starfighter from 0
- All Item Type Armor in the Item Category Award have been assigned an appropriate category that references its protective capabilities, either Attire, Light, Medium or Heavy.
- Added a new Item Category = “Special Armor” for different Armor Item Types to cover Novitiate, Journeyman, Equite, Tailored and Elder Tailored Armor items whose functionality is unique to each member.
- CR70 Corellian Corvette price adjusted down from 2,925,000 to 2,475,000 credits
- Added new Item Aspect type as an Upgrade, for Special Armor Category, creating 4 options within this new type for selection as Attire, Light Armor, Medium Armor and Heavy Armor
- Special Armor Upgrade selector added to Novitiate, Journeyman, Equite, Tailored and Elder Tailored Armor items to facilitate selection for ACC and Fiction functionality
- Elite AT-ST land vehicle walker changed to First Order AT-ST land vehicle walker to better reflect Canon options at Epic level
- Elite AT-AT land vehicle walker changed to First Order AT-AT land vehicle walker to better reflect Canon options at Epic level
- Elite AT-ST Platoon armor platoon walker item changed to First Order AT-ST Platoon to better reflect Canon options for Clans at Epic level
- Elite AT-AT Platoon armor platoon walker item changed to First Order AT-AT Platoon to better reflect Canon options for Clans at Epic level
- Updated lightsaber cosmetic aspects (3x different for various models) that noted to see dossier, to see snapshot image, since the snapshot is what’s used in various activities.
- Cubed Intensity Holocron, Dodecagon Holocron, Pyramidal Holocron, Sith Order Scroll and Sith Tome had Item Category updated to Accessory from Award
- Holocron Center Holodisc rarity level changed to Uncommon
- Hologram of Death Star I, Hologram of Death Star II and Hologram of Starkiller Base rarity levels updated to Rare
- Journeyman Tournament Champion Medallion rarity level updated to Epic
- Journeyman Tournament Gladius Medallion rarity level updated to Rare
- Advanced Inquisitor Comlink name updated to Brotherhood-issued
- Advanced Inquisitor Comlink and Item category updated to Technology
- Chief Inquisitor Armor name updated to Brotherhood-issued Chief Inquisitor Armor
- Inquisitor Armor name updated to Brotherhood-issued Inquisitor Armor
- Fellow Robes name updated to Brotherhood-issued Fellow Robes
- Inquisitorius Scanner name updated to Brotherhood-issued Inquisitorius Scanner and Item Category updated from Award to Electronics
- Inquisitorius Sith Dagger Item Category updated to Dagger from Award
- Inquisitorius Stiletto name updated to Brotherhood-issued Inquisitorius Stiletto and Item Category updated from Award to Dagger
- Lanvarok updated Item Category from Award to Projectile
- Royal Guard Armor name updated to Brotherhood-issued Royal Guard Armor
- Shadow Academy Datapad name updated to Brotherhood-issued Shadow Academy Datapad and Item Category updated from Award to Electronics, with expanded description to note society specific functionality
- Shadow Academy Sith Sword updated Item Category from Award to Sword
- Grand Master's Ring rarity level updated from Commodity to Rare
- Champion's Gauntlet and Champion's Bracer rarity level updated from Commodity to Epic
- Researcher Robes name updated to Brotherhood-issued Researcher Robes
- Sith Order Scroll name updated to Academy-issued Sith Order Scroll
- Sith Tome name updated to Academy-issued Sith Tome
- Changed stock location of Gift of War Datacron, Stamp Set, Sith Helm, Sith Amulet and Reminiscence of the Dead from Ornamental Oddments to The Vault
- Changed stock location of Geo-Rangefinder,H-series Performance Datapad and Galactic Map Holoprojector from Brotherhood Trading company to The Vault
- Changed stock location of Inquisitorius Sensor Jammer, DDP-13 Personal Seeker Droid, Seneschal's Personal Energy Shield Generator,Voice's Encrypted Comlink and Hunter Killer Training Remote from Utilis Innovations to The Vault
- Changed stock location of Fistgaunts, Justicar's Shield, The Lion's Claw, Royal Guard Hidden Blade Bracer and Inquisitorius Dart Shooter from Antei Armaments to The Vault
Regent Staff Links
I feel relieved to have the content expansion and society experience stuff done, but look forward to bringing on some new staff to train and work with and move my ongoing projects forward. It’s been a fun ride with possessions and Star Wars so far this year.
Greetings programs, Mav and I have discussed at length the most concerning issues troubling our Club. One of those issues seems to be active recruitment and retention of new members. Many of our most active members have been recruited, one way or...
Mav and I have discussed at length the most concerning issues troubling our Club. One of those issues seems to be active recruitment and retention of new members. Many of our most active members have been recruited, one way or another, from various like-minded websites, be they Star Wars fan forums or fiction/gaming clans or groups. Whereas the Social Media Tribune position would take on the majority of our marketing on social media sites, we agreed that we need someone to work with us on more active, down-to-earth engagement with the outside folk that the Social Media Tribune just couldn't be asked to manage due to the time required.
With that in mind, the Deputy Grand Master's office will be accepting applications for the position of Magistrate. The Magistrate will be involved with the offices of GM, DGM, Herald and Social Media Tribune and will develop strategies and methods of active, meaningful recruitment for the Club as a whole. This will include communicating and engaging with outside websites and services (art, gaming, fiction, and miscellaneous communities/forums/websites). While the work will be closely related to the Social Media Tribune's job, as much as possible, we will make sure it does not overlap.
Applications will be accepted until Friday the 27th of April.
What are we looking for?
The candidate must have a history of leadership in the club, a clear idea of what recruitment means for the Club and at least some idea on how to approach this tough subject
Willingness to engage strangers in conversations and responsibly represent the Club in all situations
24-hour mail turn around
A Telegram connection for ease of communication
Send all applications via mail to Mav and me.
Throne Room The Dark Ascent Arx 35 ABY The Grand Master of the Dark Brotherhood listened to the Dark Council provide updates on the war against the Collective. The rhythm of their cadence lulled his senses until his eyes closed and he drew upon...
The Dark Ascent
The Grand Master of the Dark Brotherhood listened to the Dark Council provide updates on the war against the Collective. The rhythm of their cadence lulled his senses until his eyes closed and he drew upon himself. His consciousness expanded from the chamber they were in, to the space beyond Arx, and then eventually to the planet of Nancora. His mind pulled at intersecting strings and eventualities derived from the actions of countless variables. He sensed familiar figures; Grand Master Ashen, Dacien Victae, Bloodfyre Tarentae, and many others. Darkness from their intentions colored the Force and the future, but there was something else. Something the Grand Master had underestimated.
Light. Within the myriad of dark tangles, a singular band of light emerged. The strand rolled upon itself, braided, and then offered its own potential futures. The Grand Master pulled at the strands until visions of a Command Center dominated his sight. Turel Sorenn and Satsi Tameike stood facing one another, their voices raised as heated words were exchanged.
The Grand Master could not identify the words that were spoken, but a singular feeling resonated within the Force. Danger. Not to the Dark Council, but to the Dark Brotherhood as a whole. The Collective sought an end to the war by destroying the very heart of each Clan.
Darth Pravus opened his eyes and raised his hand signaling the end of the Dark Council’s update. The tone of his voice was unmistakably that of a command.
“The Iron Navy’s Command Battle Group is complete and ready for mobilization above Arx. Dark Councilors, where able, will deploy to their former Clans in preparation for a defense of their systems. Each of you may engage your former Clan leadership as you deem necessary to avoid any misunderstanding as to our intentions.”
The Dark Councilors rose from their positions and exited the throne room in an orderly fashion. Farrin Xies, Headmaster of the Brotherhood, waited patiently for the line of Councilors to exit the facility until it was his turn. Stepping forward, he found his way barred by two black-clad royal guards.
“Warlord Xies. Might I have an additional word?” the Grand Master’s voice echoed throughout the chamber. “I would appreciate your experience and wisdom in helping coordinate the defense of Arx.”
“My Lord,” Farrin replied carefully, but was unable to hide the frustration from his features. “Clan Tarentum is out of position. There is no way they can hold out without reinforcements.”
The guardsman, clad in black Elite Royal Guard Praetorian Armor, activated the electro-plasma filament that would shield their blades from the bite of a lightsaber. Neither looked inclined to let the Headmaster pass.
“Warlord Xies, Clan Tarentum has suffered devastating blows throughout this war. There is nothing left to save.” The Dark Lord’s eyes were cold and sharp as cut glass. With a calm gesture, he motioned towards the guardsman. “Escort the Headmaster to his shuttle.”
Written by: Grand Master Pravus & Voice Marick Tyris.
I apologize in advance for this.
- FLASHBACK: Pravus, not happy with how things panned out. He is probably still upset about his flagship being blown up, too.
- SMASHCUT: Pravus in the present (of this story). He is not expecting Consul's Turel and Satsi to share the information they learn with the rest of the Brotherhood. The Sith Lord underestimated the "Light".
- After realizing that the Collective used Nancora as a trap for the Brotherhood, Pravus prepares to deploy Dark Council and Arx assets to aide the rest of the Brotherhood.
- Pravus tells the Dark Councilors they are free to aide their alma mater Clans. Except for Farrin...
- Two guardsman stop Farrin. I totally
diddid not add this beat in to pimp out the new unchanging guardsman of the Grand Master’s Royal Guard. I’m actually really happy with how they came out.
- Pravus tells Farrin that he is needed here on Arx, and that it is too late to save his former Clan: Tarentum.
- CUT TO: Bloodfyre realizes that he is too late to save Tarentum’s homeworld. While the defensive navy manages to land some critical hits, the Collective is just too powerful and the defenses do not hold. The Collective pushes to wipe out one of the Brotherhood's oldest and darkest Clans.
- Sith Bloodfyre, the last Consul of Tarentum, makes the choice to save his Clansman (and women) by ordering the surviving members into escape pods. The members of once Clan Tarentum will never forget, but would live on to fight future battles.
- CUT TO: A Plageuis ship named the Wrath. This is amusing because that is the same name of the Fist's Flagship Resurgent-class SSD. Thank you Laren for helping me with this segment, and thank you for helping me make this joke work within the narrative. salute
- Plageuis is ready to take on the Collective on home turf. Still, there are a lot of Collective ships. Just as Laren muses that they might win, but at a cost, a deus-ex Dracaryis shows up to help turn the tides of battle. Surely this will lead to interesting development between the Ascendant Clan and the current Fist of the Brotherhood.
- CUT TO: CSP Flagship, which is of course named the “Sidious”. (Do you notice the theme with their fleet? Do you!?)
- Consul/Empress Elincia ponders the state of life, the universe, and everything. (Hopefully she has one of the new nerf-wool towels in the recent possessions update.) While CSP is able to withdraw effectively form Nancora, they don’t have much of a home to return to. They still have to fight against the Meraxis Empire to claim a true foothold in the Caperion system.
- To add more fuel to the fire, intel is leaked that Collective agents have made contact with the Meraxis Empire and are willing to work with them to prevent the spreading of any tricksie Jedises or Sithses
- Just when Elincia thought, we’re going to need a bigger ‘boat’, a familiar face arrives to lend a hand.
- It’s Evant, former Proconsul of CSP and since Regent of the Brotherhood! He offers the aid of the Iron Bank of Bravos—I mean the Brotherhood’s capital resources—in an olive-branch like move to help repair relations between the DC and the independent Clans.
- CUT TO: A random Collective NPC! This NPC—Nuy Vexus—actually, was created by our very own Anubis for the Collective Chronicles competition. I was not kidding when I said that characters made for that competition had the potential to show up in future fictions ;).
- Vexus, like all the good zealots in the Liberation Front, is ready to take the fight to the Clans of the Brotherhood. Their target? Sepros, the home of Clan Naga Sadow. Dun dun dun. Sang will pick up from this for your next event, or so I’m told. ph33r and stuff.
And I’m spent. Please read the fiction, and feel free to ask if you have any questions!
Dark Brotherhood Storyline: Update
Really quickly, I wanted to again thank Sarin for letting me use what he had been working on to finish this story in a way that I feel gives it proper closure and justice. I’ve spent the last three years working with Sarin on fiction updates for the club, and am grateful for all the work he’s done to help move our club forward, often times at the expense of his own feelings while being fully conscious of how his decisions affected the opinions held by different groups within the club.
With that said, this fiction brings an official close to the Twelth Great Jedi War. The first two segments were written by Sarin, with me picking up the remaining few pages. Even before this, I’ve personally invested a lot of my own blood, sweat, and tears into this storyline. I hope that everyone was able to make the most out of it and were able to focus on the positive elements we established such as featuring member-characters that went above and beyond (Plus Ultra), communicated drafts with Clan leadership, and did our best to make sure that recaps and summaries were provided to help aide members in digesting the plot developments. Thank you again to everyone who has been engaged with this arc, even if you had other ideas or opinions or directions you felt we could have went. I appreciate you.
We will now move on to our next arc (taking place in the current 36ABY), which we will be simply calling “The Collective”. This is not to say that the Collective will be the day-in and day-out storyline for the club, but we do want to make it clear that they will be a large part of the larger, ongoing macro-level storyline for the club. Units will continue to create and manage their own micro storylines. As Voice, I will be working carefully and available to work with any unit leaders to aide in this cohesion.
In the meantime, the first fiction of the new arc will revolve around the transition of Grand Masters and how the Dark Brotherhood will move forward, structurally, under its new leadership. Expect a fiction update from Deputy Grand Master Vyr coming soon.
For more information, make sure to check out the Fiction Center for your latest databank and recaps of previous storylines!
My monthly Voice Report up within the next week or so as I get back onto a more regular schedule.
Darkest greetings from my new office in the Holocron Center. For those who don't know me, I am Bentre Stahoes, and today I find myself your shiny new Wiki Tribune. I can tell you, there is a lot of excitement on my end. I have always loved...
Darkest greetings from my new office in the Holocron Center. For those who don't know me, I am Bentre Stahoes, and today I find myself your shiny new Wiki Tribune.
I can tell you, there is a lot of excitement on my end. I have always loved contributing to and delving into the Wiki, so I can't begin to tell you how excited I am that Mav, Morgan and the Dark Council have seen me fit to serve the Brotherhood further in this role.
Where to start, but at the beginning? As I said above, I enjoy the Wiki. Character creation, world-building and writing have always been a passion of mine, as much as reading and libraries. As you might imagine is what makes the Wiki a pretty awesome place, if you ask me. As Mav mentioned when I was appointed, I had worked for the Wiki staff over 2 years. For me, it certainly doesn't seem that way. I have done a lot of work, from the nitty gritty of quality control, to helping to update when nu-canon came into effect, to helping conform the wiki into the new Clan Category format and more things I am sure I am forgetting.
Things are always growing, always expanding, and as new locations, new adversaries, new movies and new adventures arise, the Wiki should grow. The staff and myself want to work, to make the Wiki a more inviting place for veteran and newcomer alike. It has never been a more exciting time- in my humble opinion- to be a Star Wars fan. The content being put out has the potential to become deeper and more awesome than we can imagine, and I hope that folks will join together in further developing and fleshing out our corner of this galaxy far, far away.
Wiki Policy Changes
No changes yet, as I am still settling into my new office digs, but watch this section in a few weeks when my first "regular" report drops and I might just have some wiki-flavored goodness for all of you.
Greater Ease of Navigation On the Wiki: Pretty much what it says on the tin. I know that I have seen a lot of redlinks across the wiki due to things like capitalizing or not capitalizing something appropriately. I for one find it annoying when I type up a page, think everything is nice looking, and then hit preview to realize that a bunch of my links have turned crimson when my back was turned. Which cues a couple of searches to see if I cannot locate the proper page to link to it like I originally intended. To this end I am going to look into what I can do internally to improve upon search functions and/or linking. At least for a start. We will see where it goes from there.
The Great Brotherhood Archive: So much content, so many events, ships, locations and characters who have gone so long neglected. The big hope is that working with Wiki Staff, Clan Summits and Dark Council, we can bring all this information up to date. I believe this will make the world of the Brotherhood and easier one to get into, and thus will improve a bit of the quality of life for our new members, returning and old members alike. Part of this will involve denoting pages of historical significance with shiny new templates. At least for a start. Eventually, we will make things look shiny and new again.
The Great Shift: aka "Arx is the new seat of the Brotherhood." There are still a lot of references to Antei all over the wiki. This isn't bad of course. I mean, it was the seat of the Brotherhood until the destruction of Antei. Looking at the page for the planet, it is still noted as the current seat of power for the Dark Brotherhood. With the help of my staff, we are going to reflect Arx as the new center of the Broterhood and make it nice nad clear what is past and what is now. Rather than wipe out the past, we plan to preserve it.
Perpetual Wiki: This is pretty simple in its premise. There are lots of little issues throughout the Wiki. A lot of these are simply maintenance issues of varying degrees. That comprises the first part. Once we have the simple ground work out of the way, we will be reaching out to Clan and House Summits to help them organize and direct content creation. This is not to say that we are gong to direct the units in what they create, but will rather work with them to help make their visions a reality. We will be working similarly with Wally, Mav and the rest to make a richer, more detailed Wiki for all!
A Return to Form: My hopes are that we can bring back a regular awarding of Wiki Contributor of the Month and Wiki Page of the Months awards. Actually, of anything I can do most immediately, I want to work towards this. What can I say? It warms my heart to see people helping to build and create as a collective whole. I may have additional details in my next report, but I don't imagine the standards will change too much from when Slagar served as Tribune, but we will all see.
Miscellaneous: As additional movies and other various media are released, we will of course need to examine what still works with the wiki, and where we can improve. This is a little harder to pin than the above as it depends on some things that cannot be entirely predicted, but I am sure it will also be shaped by discussions with myself and the Dark Council moving forward. Cheers.
For the things that I hope we can accomplish, I will of course need additional help. Now, this is not to say that you cannot contribute and create content. Quite the contrary. However, I certainly would like to offer folks the chance to work on focused projects toward the same. I am looking for a few good folks to help us make a greater Wiki. In this, we will work with a sheet of projects, with projected completion dates as a start, but will also engage in discussions on how we can build and grow the Wiki into a greater repository as well. This job also includes patrolling changes on the Wiki to ensure that we maintain a level of consistency across the board. As such, I will be opening applications from April 13th for all parties interested in joining up with the Wiki Staff. I will need to fill positions for either three or four Wiki staff members. Given my larger vision for the Wiki I imagine that those selected will be kept reasonably busy.
If you feel this is something you want to be part of, send me an email with the subject "Wiki Staff Application", with your application attached. I ask that applications include experiences with wiki work, examples of the work you have done (on our wiki or with links to pages on other wikis you have contributed to- including user names) and one idea that you have in how we might further improve the Wiki. I am not going to strictly reqiure my applicants have passed Wiki Basics and Wiki Editing, but I would like to see that folks have taken at least the basics course. This is not a hard requirement- if you have credentials to back your prowess I may make an exception to this- but it certainly wouldn't hurt your application. Also, do note that you will likely be working somewhat with members of other Clans and/or DC support staff to complete our projects. I am hoping to see a wide sampling of folks from across the Clans apply. Applications for prospective Wiki staff will be due on April 28th.
(as a note, members who provide ideas will be given proper credit for their attributions presented in applications)
Wiki Tip of the Month
Super simple tip for this month regarding the Wiki and pages. If there something strange, and it don't look good, who are you gonna call?
Well, not the Ghostbusters unfortunately.
However, I do have this link right here where you can find the staff, including myself, that can help you out. If you prefer to cut to the quick of the matter, or want an even easier venue, you can always ask your questions on your Wiki Tribune's talk page. More often than not, I will get to your questions in less than 12 hours, though typically in at least 24 hours.
Well that is it, guys and gals. I will see you in about two weeks with some more details on what is happening with the Wiki as a whole, as well as an announcement on new Wikipedia Contributor of the Month and Featured Article of the Month. The first report will also be where I will announce my new Wiki staff selections and hopefully share hints, tips, news and more. In the meantime, I will see you all on the Wiki and around our community.
I am, as ever, Yours In Darkness,
Greetings all, A quick update before my weekend report with two major appointments. First, please join me in congratulating Arden Karn di Plagia on his appointment to Consul of Clan Plagueis. Arden has served his Clan and the Brotherhood admirably...
A quick update before my weekend report with two major appointments.
First, please join me in congratulating Arden Karn di Plagia on his appointment to Consul of Clan Plagueis. Arden has served his Clan and the Brotherhood admirably for years, and we are looking forward to him having a shot to show what he can do at the helm of Plagueis.
Second, we have a new Wiki Tribune: Bentre Stahoes. Bentre has served on the Wiki Staff for more than two years and I'm looking forward to what he can do with the Wiki moving forward.
Congratulations again to Arden and Bentre, and I'll see you all this weekend!
Telaris "Mav" Cantor
My team and I are finally ready to release the second content expansion into the possessions system. This content is available now! Items have been added over the past year, but this is the first real push to add a large swath of content. There is...
My team and I are finally ready to release the second content expansion into the possessions system. This content is available now! Items have been added over the past year, but this is the first real push to add a large swath of content. There is a wide range of new items across Legends and Canon, and we feel that these new items and stores will add to the existing system to help members better experience the fictional universe while telling their own stories.
The major areas of focus are on the society experience including a new store I will get into more detail in below, items from The Last Jedi as well as SW: Battlefront 2 and on weaker areas we identified with fewer offerings to get available choices up in anticipation of future efforts. I’d like to personally thank the Voice and Herald staffs for their efforts in supporting my team to provide these items.
There are 114 prototype items as part of this release added across 41 different categories, with thousands of words of written descriptions. On top of that, we have 21 additional new items ready to launch with the graphics society when it’s ready. Some of these are purchasable versions of existing items as part of the society experience update, and some are re-launched after balancing, but most are new content. I think the best way to present the new content would be to break it out by items as part of the society content expansion, items that are for members, and items that are for Clans.
- Accressories: Assassin's Code Holobook, Defensive Operations Holobook, Elder Holocron, Inquisitorius Access Disk, Inquisitorius Holobook, Jedi Order Holobook, Jedi Order Scroll, Jedi Tome, Offensive Operations Holobook, Rites of Combat Disk, Royal Guard Holobook Shadow Academy Identicard, Sith Order Holobook, Sith Order Scroll, Sith Tome
- Armor: Elite Royal Guard Praetorian Armor, Royal Guard Armor, Chief Inquisitor Armor, Fellow Robes, Inquisitor Armor, Researcher Robes
- Droids: Crime Scene Analysis Droid, L-1 Tactical Droid, E-XD Infiltrator Droid
- Equipment: Inquisitorius Datapad, Inquisitorius Locator, Inquisitorius Scanner, Royal Guard Datapad, Shadow Academy Datapad, Inquisitorius Forgery Kit,
- Technology: Advanced Inquisitor Comlink, Advanced Royal Guard Comlink
- Weapons: Inquisitorius Stiletto, Electro-bisento, Vibro-voulge Twin Vibro-arbir Blades, Royal Guard Personal Shield, Royal Guard Shock Gloves
- Granted Items: Brotherhood-issued Elite Royal Guard Praetorian Armor, Brotherhood-issued Inquisitorius Datapad, Brotherhood-issued Royal Guard Datapad, Brotherhood-issued Advanced Royal Guard Comlink, Royal Guard Force Pike, Royal Guard Bilari Electro-chain Whip
- Accessories: Fantafly Polyhedral Dice
- Armor: Iron Legion Uniform
- Back: Hang Glider
- Droids: B1 Battle Droid, B2 Super Battle Droid, IT-S00.2 Medical Droid, LOM-series Protocol Droid, MD-15C Medical Droid, R4-series Astromech Droid, R5-series Astromech Droid, Viper Probot, WED-20 Treadwell Droid
- Equipment: C-10 Stun Grenade, Code Replicator, Electro-shock Prod, Multi-frequency Spotlight Glowrod, Nerf-wool Towel, Q-1041 Plasma Cutter, Vocal Emulator
- Land Vehicles: Armored Personnel Carrier (APC), BARC Speeder, Cantonica Zephyr GB-134 Speeder, CK-6 Swoop Bike, Gian Speeder, V-4X-D Ski Speeder
- Space Vehicles: Aurore-class Freighter, Eta-class Shuttle, IGV-55 Surveillance Vessel, MG-100 StarFortress SF-17, R-41 Starchaser, RZ-2 A-wing Interceptor, T-5 Deliverance, Theta-class T-2c Shuttle, V-19 Torrent Starfighter, Xi-class Light Shuttle
- Weapons: Laser Ax, BlasTech DC-15LE Heavy Blaster Rifle, BlasTech DT-12 Heavy Blaster Pistol, E-5C Heavy Blaster Rifle, Golan Arms CR-1 Blaster Cannon, IQA-11 Sniper Rifle, M-45 Repeating Ion Blaster, NT-242 Longblaster, Sonn-Blas FWMB-10K Heavy Blaster, Valken-38X Targeting Rifle, Klorri-clan Battle Shield, Bilari Electro-chain Whip, Bow, Electrified Net Gun, Garrote, Grappling Boa, Net Gun
- Artillery Line: All Terrain MegaCaliber Six (AT-M6) Artillery Line
- Flights: MG-100 StarFortress SF-17 Flight, Theta-class T-2c Shuttle Flight, TIE Reaper Flight, TIE/br Boarding Shuttle Flight, U-55 Orbital Loadlifter Flight, Xi-class Light Shuttle Flight
- Scout Transport: Armored Personnel Carrier (APC) Squadron, BARC Speeder Squadron, CK-6 Swoop Bike Squadron
- Space Vehicles: Assault-class Frigate Mark I, Assault-class Frigate Mark II, Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser, Free Virgillia-class Bunkbuster, Minstrel-class Space Yacht, Nebulon-C Escort Frigate, Vakbeor-class Cargo Frigate
- Squadrons: RZ-2 A-wing Interceptor Squadron
As part of this content expansion, it made sense to also launch a new store to go along with the societies. All the society items listed above will show up in a new store called The Vault which can be found on the Stores page permanently. All items in this store are themed to match the specific society they are earned in and can be purchased when the right rank with a society is met. I worked with the respective Dark Councilors on these lists and moving forward this new structure gives an exciting means to expand more easily in the future. My decision to take on this new store is what delayed the launch of The Last Jedi items, but I think overall it was worth the effort.
Regent Staff Links
With this content, the expansion brings new Canon items and expands the offerings overall and brings a whole new store. I will focus more on next steps for the staff and other changes that occurred in possessions as part of this in my position report later in the week and chose to stay focused here on the content expansion only.
Appointment: Magistrate In my first report, you might remember that I opened up applications for the vacant Magistrate position that was left open upon Nero's resignation. I received a number of excellent applications, though I feel one stood...
In my first report, you might remember that I opened up applications for the vacant Magistrate position that was left open upon Nero's resignation. I received a number of excellent applications, though I feel one stood out amongst the rest. The chosen applicant brings a load of experience and talent to the staff, having previously served the Herald's office as a Magistrate of some repute. You might remember some of his previous work, or even be wearing some of the skins he created if your character has a bit of a tribal force user feel. As such, I'd like to welcome Kasula Daegella, aka A'lora aka Morotheri, back to the Herald staff.
I'd like to thank the other applicants as well, and ask those that weren't chosen this time around to keep their eyes open for future opportunities. The graphical side of the Brotherhood is one that often times requires a bit of outside assistance, so even if you're not a Magistrate today doesn't mean you won't be asked to come on to provide some project help tomorrow. And, you never can tell when another position will open up. The life of a wandering graphics artist is an ever changing one, so keep your eyes peeled for those future opportunists!
Expansion Results Results Hi all! Expansion results are finally in. Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who participated (in no particular order): Aylin Sajark, Ulfsark, Calindra Hejaran, Reiden Palpatine Karr, Xantros, Jorm (The Jester)...
Hi all! Expansion results are finally in. Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who participated (in no particular order):
Aylin Sajark, Ulfsark, Calindra Hejaran, Reiden Palpatine Karr, Xantros, Jorm (The Jester) Na'trej, Alara Deathbane, Shadow Nighthunter, Derek Cinn, Dek Ironius II, Mako Henymory, Ayden Dane, Angel Snow, and Rasilvenaira Isatri'Zara StormRaven.
The entries we received were excellent across the board.
As mentioned in the container page, this event had a special bonus award: double points for the best individual entry across the whole event. This award was taken by Aylin's exceptional piece of art showing her character escaping conflict on the Archipelago:
I'd also like to thank Derek and Xantros for their excellent participation record, entering 12 competitions across the event! Also, congratulations to Vindictae Immortalis (Aylin, Calindra and Jorm) and Tacitus Athanasius (Alara, Shadow, Derek and Rasilvenaira) of Excidium, who both put together excellent run-ons: https://discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com/t/tacitus-athanasius-expansion-run-on/1917/12 and https://discourse.darkjedibrotherhood.com/t/vindictae-immortalis-expansion-run-on/1918/10.
Tacitus Athanasius just about edged this one but both gave a very enjoyable read and I'd encourage anyone to give them a look over as an example of how to put together a run-on
Finally, the actual results!
In 3rd place was Jorm with 87 points, gained largely from an excellent participation across the easy events. Jorm won both Flash Games, both Wiki Hunts, and a Trivia, as well as placing 2nd in the run-on.
In 2nd place was Xantros with 124 points. Xantros always participates in everything he can and this pays off. In addition, he scored 1st place in the event long fiction and 2nd in the cluster race, which contributed 54 of his points.
In 1st place is Derek Cinn! Derek's 145 points came from a variety of sources, including participating in all the easy competitions, and winning fiction competitions and the run-on event. Derek put on a really solid performance in this event. Congratulations!
The fictional update can be found here and features a closing of the event, as well as features events in excellent work from Calindra, Reiden, Derek and Xantros: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1927-Rykt1KD0ljl6l2nhzR55rFlgNOqj/view?usp=sharing
New Political Map!
So where does that leave us? We've taken the Nethal Archipelago from Meraxis, but Elaya's move on Tel puts our alliance under threat. Will they help us take Maqor or are we just being used as a pawn in some larger plan? Regardless, we have a new political map!
You may notice that the map now has arrows! These detail the movements of us as well as our allies and enemies.
News & Announcements
A New Imperator Was Selected. Please join me in congratulating Dek on his appointment to Quaestor of Imperium! I am very happy to see this appointment and that’s been boosted because I’ve seen what he has in store for the House. Best of luck, Dek. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the team.
Following Dek’s appointment to Quaestor, the fearsome Darth Aeternus has stepped into the role of Aedile of Imperium.
Scenarios have become a thing in the ACC As the Combat Master’s report describes, there’s a new type of hall coming to the ACC where you can put yourself and your competitor in a scenario and write your way out of it. While many of the old venues have had prompts written for this new hall, there is also brand new venues available that are specific to this hall. Feel free to challenge me in this!
In the same report, the Grand Master talked about the importance of Quaestors & other updates. I highly encourage everyone to check this announcement out. Quaestors are properly one of our most important roles, as Muz points out, and it’s easily been my favourite position over the years. Most importantly though is how the Brotherhood is re-dedicating itself to this important role.
A new Social Media Tribune was appointed. Please join me in congratulating Maximus!
Thanks for reading, and thanks for everyone's efforts in Expansion!
Brotherhood Gaming League Update Hearthstone: Season One; Round One Our next BGL event is Hearthstone, and it’s such a good time to be doing it as it coincides with the Year of the Raven! The official launch date is April 12th. What does that mean...
Brotherhood Gaming League Update
Hearthstone: Season One; Round One
Our next BGL event is Hearthstone, and it’s such a good time to be doing it as it coincides with the Year of the Raven! The official launch date is April 12th. What does that mean for us? Well, to ensure that our members have ample time to score themselves some Witchwood cards, we will be employing Year of the Mammoth as Standard until two weeks after Witchwood launches. That means that all matches scheduled BEFORE server reset on April 26th will use Year of the Mammoth decks and all matches scheduled AFTER server reset must use Year of the Raven.
So! Don’t delete those current decks, cause you’ll still need them.
If there is any confusion about this. Send me a Telegram message or e-mail me and I’ll help clarify.
The sign-up form can be found here. Sign-ups will close on April 15th
Groups and Standings can be found here
Heroes of the Storm: Season One; Round One
We’re coming up to the end of our Knock-Out Phase! A huge congrats to all of our competitors thus far! These suckers should be wrapped up fairly shortly.
Overwatch: Season One; Round One
I am super excited to report that the schedule system is working! We will be using this going forward. We have a few more matches that will be completed over the next couple days and then we’ll be moving on to the knock-out stage!
PC standings can be found here.
PS4 standings can be found here.
I have the honour to be your obedient servant,
A (dot) Jinn