Hello Space Cowboys! There are a few updates the Herald Staff would like to share with you, so let's get right into it. New Magistrates We have selected two new Magistrates to fill our ranks. Everyone, please congratulate Abadeer Taasii and...
Hello Space Cowboys!
There are a few updates the Herald Staff would like to share with you, so let's get right into it.
We have selected two new Magistrates to fill our ranks. Everyone, please congratulate Abadeer Taasii and Ryū Suoh!
Ryū (aka Nero) will help us mostly with graphics. he has developed and advanced greatly in the short time I've followed his work. I'm sure he'll develop even more as he starts off working on your sabers and guns.
Abadeer, who is also PCON of Plagueis, will take on the administration aspect of the team and develop new and interesting competitions. He will also engage with members in DB Art Club and start learning the basics of what it takes to be on our team.
Thank you both for applying and I expect I'll see great stuff from both of you.
Changes to Releases
In other news, you may have noticed a lack of reports on my part as well as a lack of released images. Unfortunately, we had to take some time off from our work. Several members of the Herald staff had to take leaves of absence due to burn out and we took a much-needed break after making literally thousands of images non-stop for almost three years now. I am immensely proud of every member of my team, current and former, for keeping up with my demands and making Brotherhood graphics as great as they are.
That said I've also realized the reason behind the burnout and I will be pushing back the Release dated by one month starting this December. From December on, we will release new skins and graphics every three months. This is important for us as we go into the future because more and more projects are piling up and we will need the extra time to get all our work done.
Thank you all for your time, congrats once more to Abadeer and Nero and as always I'll see you later, space cowboys.
In which James talks about recent changes to the site, once again copy/pastes a change-log, and talks about upcoming coding-related things on the horizon. Hi all, Time for another report from your friendly neighborhood Seneschal with the latest...
In which James talks about recent changes to the site, once again copy/pastes a change-log, and talks about upcoming coding-related things on the horizon.
Time for another report from your friendly neighborhood Seneschal with the latest site-related facts and tidbits.
Deployed Code Changes
Below is a list of most of the code check-ins done to the site since my last report. This is a non-exhaustive, automatically generated list, and does not contain code changes that have not yet been deployed to the main website, nor does it list code changes that are outside the scope of the main website.
Here are some highlights:
- Tweaks to inventory/possessions management, most notably the introduction of Container Items that can be used to group items together. A Cold Storage Container item was also added. Items stored in Cold Storage will not be shown on your public Possessions dossier or unit tab.
- Updates to Regent Possessions admin tools; Introduction of the NPC Armory entity whose possessions can be equipped by Clan and Plot NPCs
- Character Sheet Quality of Life changes (auto-aging, improved skill tier tooltips)
- Lots of minor changes and bugfixes
- Did I mention [REDACTED]?
James Entar: Add 'Rugged' options to allowed warbanner shapes Competition Supervisors (Co-organizer permissions without getting credit(s) for it. Contact MAA to set this up for a competition.) Potential fix for timezone edge-case ACC extensions overview on battles Fix auto word count not triggering for people without any loadouts defined Update chat links Just to be sure, add an additional guard clause to prevent issuing open challenges for ended competitions Update kallisto rules Update P:MAA permissions Force recalculating gaming scores prior to closing Gaming Competitions Add weapon spec warning to CS Update cluster processed notification Minor fixes Some adjustments to word counting algorithm 'Skip last opponent' config option for ACC open challenge competitions Allow Regent to administer DC possessions Allow Regent staff to purge store inventories NPC Armory [REDACTED] Inventory Tweaks Misc fixes Regent tool tweaks Hotfix: link to item path from public inventory rather than item management path [REDACTED] tweaks Show all [REDACTED] on [REDACTED], not just active ones Allow managing [REDACTED] for inactive [REDACTED] Send out notification e-mails on gaming activity comments Allow Regent staff to manage NPC armory inventory Hide non-DC e-mail addresses to members not in a unit Fix 500 error when trying to comment on an unsubmitted gaming match Fix ACC Hall API throwing 500 error when encountering deleted dossiers Minor bugfix for a bug that occurred when trying to edit a very old news post originally posted by a deleted dossier Fix space in member email link [REDACTED] Minor bugfixes; show item worth on account overview Rogues activity overview for DC members Minor bugfix for rogues overview Display Skill/FP tier on CS using popover Add some table indices to speed up Herald backend tools Fix lists inside competition prompts being treated as 'lists inside lists' by the CSS Fix dossier infinite loading bug Make unit and [REDACTED] pages a bit more mobile friendly Fix Win/Loss overview breaking on deleted dossiers Add link to Report Writing Guide to News Management Allow Voice to manage Dark Council NPC Roster Breakdown several stats detail pages in all ranks vs JM and up Calculate current character age on CS based on approval date and age at approval date
On the Horizon
This section provides some sneak previews of upcoming site changes and the larger things on the Seneschal Office's todo-list in various stages of completion, in no particular order.
Status: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮ (On hold pending some GFX items from the Herald)
*An effort by the SA staff to streamline the organization of the Shadow Academy and make it easier to get to and find information, and to create a more focused new member experience. *
This is done on the coding side. The only thing left to roll out is a revamp of the SA landing page that will replace the current "Message from the Headmaster". This new landing page will feature some GFX that's currently being worked on by Vyr and his staff.
Status: ▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯ (On hold until after GJW)
Integration of Possessions Items with Dossier Graphics.
Coding has not yet been started, but Vyr and I have brainstormed a lot on how this is going to work. I'm probably picking this up after the GJW.
Possessions: Item Upgrades
Status: ▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯▯▯ (On hold pending content)
A proposal to implement Upgrades, which basically can be described as pre-written aspects provided by the Regent Staff (members can't submit custom versions), that don't necessarily need to have a downside like regular Item Aspects.
This is currently on hold at Evant's request until the Regent staff has enough decent content to drop into this feature. Once this is the case, this should be fairly easy to implement as we can leverage the existing Item Aspect infrastructure.
Status: ▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯▯▯ (On hold pending Society Development)
A new Society to provide our artistically capable members with a new outlet of creativity and activity.
This is currently on hold until the final details, point values and rewards for the society have been worked out. Once this is done, translating everything into Promotheus rules should be fairly easy.
Recruitment Incentive System
Status: ▮▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯ (Brainstorming)
Additional incentives to recruit your friends to the Brotherhood
This is currently in the brainstorming phase. See the latest GM report for more information.
Random Bug fixes and Things That Come Up™
A wild Dark Council member appeared. It uses Feature Request!
The big "When we get to it" list
Random small or less small things the Seneschal office tackles when they have spare time. Feel free to mail/message me with any suggestions for this list.
- Re-work character sheet states to bring them in line with competitions (so withdrawing a sheet doesn't render it unavailable anymore)
- Look into ways of letting people know their CS metadata (name, unit, saber) is out of date before taking snapshots or issuing an ACC challenge
- Ability to restrict an ACC venue to a specific Hall or set of halls
- Blind competition grading feature
As always, we've seen lots of fixes and additions being applied to the site, and even more interesting things to come. As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to e-mail me, Telegram me, or throw in a comment.
James L. Entar
Seneschal of the Brotherhood
Hello yes, this is Wally. Just wanted to drop a quick update so everyone can see what's going on with the Voice's Office. New Magistrate Selected: TuQ'uan Varik! We had a lot of great applications from various units and from members...
Hello yes, this is Wally. Just wanted to drop a quick update so everyone can see what's going on with the Voice's Office.
New Magistrate Selected: TuQ'uan Varik!
We had a lot of great applications from various units and from members with varying experience in the club. This was really encouraging to see, as it shows that the Brotherhood as a whole is continuing to move to a great place where all units feel like they can have a say in how systems are shaped and formed. It is my hope that these applicants will be able to help out with smaller tasks that pop up for the Voice Staff. That said, my project work is going to take a backseat to GJWXII administration and writing, but there is always work to be done and we'll do our best to get as many people involved as we can!
I've personally reached out to every applicant through either Telegram or Email. I've spoken with two members on why I made the decision that I did, and am happy to speak with anyone else if they have questions or concerns. Just shoot me an email or a PM on Telegram. Always happy to talk about my process.
In the end, Atty, Braecen, and I all agreed and made the call.
That said, I can only field one Magistrate position at this time. So without further ado, I'd like to welcome TuQ'uan Varik to the Voice Staff.
Atty has already staked a claim on her new
bestfriendforever servant Magistrate, and will work with Braecen to get him up to speed with CS and Competition queue procedure.
- ACC Judge spot open - I'm serious kids, apply. Atra is one of the coolest people to work with or for in the DB. The ACC has a lot of growth ahead of it, and it needs you, the members, to step up.
- Grand Master News post: Great Jedi War XII Dates and Details - That's right, it's official. MArk your calendars for October 13th!
- Fiction Update - Chapter 4: Order - Don't forget to read the latest update in getting ready for the Finale. If you are still playing catchup, make sure to check out the Fiction Center
As usual, let us know if you have any issues or questions with this. You can always reach the Voice team at: [Log in to view e-mail addresses].
Expect the release of [The New Order] Chapter 5, which will serve as the Finale to the Undesirables story arc that has been the central plot-line for the Brotherhood. Following that release, expect a Voice report from me containing more details on what type of Fiction related events and activity you will see in the upcoming War.
Wait did he say War? Yes he did, other Wally. Yes he did.
That is all. Thank you.
Warning, This news post contains spoilers. Expand it to view the full post.
The Leviathan Raid will be live on the site this evening, once I’m home from work. There’s a bit of a change to how raid submissions work for Destiny 2, so please pay attention to the details!
The raid is extremely challenging and time consuming. I won’t get into the mechanics or details of the encounters here, because some of our PC crowd is avoiding spoilers like the plague and will want to go in blind. The only thing I will highlight are the defined encounters, so you know what you have to complete in order to get credit for the event.
Potential, but unavoidable spoilers for the raid follow:
There are four key encounters for the Leviathan Raid:
- The Bath House
- The Pleasure Gardens
- The Gauntlet
- The Throne Room
These four encounters are the only events that will count for submission. Because raids are difficult and sometimes not completed in a single sitting, I have set the system up to allow you to submit for the number of encounters you complete. So, if you do all four encounters, you get full credit for the raid. If you only do one, the modifier will only give you a portion of the raid’s CE value equivalent to one quarter of a raid completion.
Here’s the setup:
- Leviathan Raid: 30 CE base value
Modifiers: * One encounter complete: x.25
Two encounters complete: x.5
Three encounters complete: x.75
Four encounters complete (Full Clear): x1
2-3 DB Members present: x1
4-5 DB Members present: x1.1
6-9 DB Members present: x1.2
Hard Mode: x1.5
So, if you do the math, the maximum CEs you can earn from the raid is 54. That’s a full clear, hard mode (when it is active), and a 6 DB member raid crew. There is no limit on the number of times you can submit for the raid. If you and your raid crew are only able to clear a single encounter, you can submit for that. If you take four days and use checkpoints to clear all four encounters, the math still only adds up to 54 CEs. If you start a fresh raid four times and only clear the first encounter all four times, once again, the best you can earn is 54 CEs.
As always, screenshots must show all individuals that are part of the submission, and all PSN IDs, XBox Gamertags, and battle.net IDs must be listed on members’ dossiers.
If you have any questions, please email the Fist staff or send me a PM on Telegram.
That’s all for tonight. Keep on gaming!
Sept Gaming News and Updates Ok since my last report tons of things have happened with the biggest news is of course the Great Jedi War finally getting official dates. So obviously FIST comps will be on hold for October and November. So when we...
Sept Gaming News and Updates
Ok since my last report tons of things have happened with the biggest news is of course the Great Jedi War finally getting official dates. So obviously FIST comps will be on hold for October and November. So when we get back be prepared for a slew of new and fun ideas that will bring us into the new year.
Then we had the release and day one support of Destiny 2. This game has had the DB Gaming channel buzzing for weeks now, but since launch that has changed to people helping people level and gear up. Member's have already started knocking out the Nightfall strikes and there is a push to get people geared to run the games first raid. If you play the game and are not in DB Gaming or not in the DJB Destiny clan let the FIST staff know or just ask in the Gaming channel once you are in it.
Just an FYI as of the time of this writing, Destiny 2 has seen a total of 52 submissions that have been approved in the first 10 days since launch. I’m proud to say that the staff were primed and ready to handle the influx of new activity. The end result being that every submission has been approved well within the expectations for approval.
Along with the Destiny 2 launch, both Overwatch and SW: Force Arena have had new modes added and are now supported by the Club for Clusters of Fire and Earth. Look at Drac’s linked reports in the news section for details.
The next big game on our scope is Battlefront 2 which will release in November but the Beta is set to open October 4th (for preorders) and October 6th for everyone, lasting to October 9th. The new Starfighter Assault is set to be playable as well so we hope to see many members checking the game out.
Finally, I just want to remind all DJB members that one of the reasons for the DBgaming telegram channel is to make it easier for you all to find people to play with. Now this can be used to find people to game for clusters for Gorefest, events or even just gaming for fun. So if you are having trouble and find yourself thinking I’ll never get clusters cause there is no one to game with, then come on down to DB Gaming! This club has every type of gamer, from the casual folks all the way to the hardcore competitive gamers.
News and Updates for DJB Gamers
Battlefront 2 - The Beta will be Oct 4 to the 9th (if you preorder) and 6th to the 9th for the general public. Oh and yes the Starfighter Assault mode will be available during the Beta. In fact check out the Starfighter Assault Trailer and tell me your not a little bit excited.
The game will be released on November 17, 2017, for PC, Ps4, and XB1.
As for Battlefront 1 you can get the Season Pass for free on XBOX and PS4 fpr a limited time. Grab it while you can!
Destiny 2 - Ok what to say about it that already hasn’t been let’s see. The Clan “The Legend Himself” cleared the new raid in about 6 hours for a world’s first and with Bungie themselves watching. Check it out the news here and for a spoiler warning guide (one of many) to the Leviathan Raid. Also here is a list of general guides you might interesting as well.
Remember Destiny 2 will release on PC on October 24th. Check the link for the PC specs needed to play Destiny 2.
Diablo 3 - This isn’t really Diablo 3 news but Blizzard is hiring for a new Diablo project could it be D4 or a remastered version of D2? What are your thoughts and what would you like to see more?
Heroes of the Storm - Blizzard is overhauling the AI to help your AI teammates and opponents more useful. Plus there was a new hero released Kel’Thuzad with rumors of the next heros being Hanzo and Alexstrasza. I sense all the Hanzo mains getting excited!
Overwatch - [is running a Free Weekend September 22 to the 25th on all platforms. Maybe it’s time to help the PC overwatchers earn some clusters! Season 6 has already started and seasons now last only 2 months not 3 so if you want in on the action better hurry up!
Gaming Deals - A place where if I find a good sale I’ll pass it along.
IGN has a nice Deals page which lists some of the web’s biggest gaming deals.
Also Reddit has a gaming sales page.
Good Old Games is a good site to find older games for a good price. Every now and then the Old Star Wars games do go on sale so keep an eye out.
Steam as always has something on SALE. BTW if you're not already in the DJB Steam group let us know.
Also check out the weekly and monthly Humble bundles, this month offers one of my favorite games Killing Floor 2!
- GMRG Gorefest 2017 - All your Gorefest needs in one handy container! Double Clusters for all GMRG members. If you're not a member take the GMRG History SA COURSE, now!
September's Gorefest is on NOW and will end on Sept 17th! Go get your double clusters.!
FIST: Quarterly Gaming Challenge Q3 2017 - As per Drac’s report by the time this kicks off again there will be new more challenging comps for you to sink your teeth into. You never know what will be in there so go check it out.
FIST - 2nd Annual Mobile Gaming - Another year of Mobile games.
FIST - 1st Annual Flash Gaming - Now Monthly Flash Games.
FIST Jedi Academy Guns Server Test - This competition will serve as a test to determine if establishment of a permanent "guns only" server is truly desired by the Jedi Academy players of the Dark Jedi Brotherhood.
Important FIST Information
Below are all the links you will ever need to either contact the FIST staff, join a gaming channel, look up a rule or game mode cluster value. I will update this as needed with each report.
- Rites of Combat - is the place to find all the rules for gaming in the DJB.
- FIST-o-matic - a quick guide on how to use the Telegram fistbot.
- Pendant of Blood - how to earn PoB’s.
- Cluster Tables - is the place to find out what game mode offers what Cluster (Earth and Fire) value.
- Tier 1 and Teir 2 games - is the complete list of all our approved game AND SAMPLE SCREENSHOTS! Not sure what shot to submit look HERE!
- Offical voice chat was moved to Discord, Click here for the invite link or just go to the wiki page. Ensure you put your DJB Dossier PIN on your Discord profile. Individuals without valid PINs will be asked to add them, and removed if they fail to comply.
How to contact the FIST staff anytime using these methods:
- Join the DB Gaming Lounge on Telegram.
- Ask the FIST form
- or email us at [Log in to view e-mail addresses]
Minions of various origins! Thanadd Mawgath had to make the ever present choice between the obligations of the life that is real and his roles here in the Brotherhood. Naturally, real life won out and I wish him the best in his efforts from here...
Minions of various origins!
Thanadd Mawgath had to make the ever present choice between the obligations of the life that is real and his roles here in the Brotherhood. Naturally, real life won out and I wish him the best in his efforts from here on out. I'm sad to see one of my newer judges head out the door. What will be especially missed was his enthusiasm.
I wanted to give it some time, what with all the other openings right now, but I can only put it off so long! So, here we are! I am now taking applications for Judge within the Antei Combat Center.
For members interested in applying, the following is a list of requirements you'll need to address:
- Grading and providing constructive feedback in ACC Matches.
- Grading ACC Qualification Exams.
- Keeping up to date with the ACC Rubric, Guideline, and Policy adjustments.
- Assisting the Combat Master with projects.
- Contribute input to discussions on the CS Mechanics, additions, and revisions.
- ACC Qualified
- Passed (100%): ACC Combat Studies Exam
- Strong command of English language, writing and grammar
- Experience as a proofreader.
- Keen eye and attention to details.
- An example of one ACC match you have participated in that you feel shows your understanding of the systems you'd be judging
New Judges will go through the same training that all previous judges have:
- You will co-grade 2 matches with the Combat Master.
- You will co-grade 2 ACC Qualification Exams with the Combat Master.
All applications are to be sent to the Combat Master ([Log in to view e-mail addresses]) with the following in their subject: [ACC:J App]
I will be filtering e-mails based on the above, so if you don't want it lost in the aether I recommend using it. Final selection will be made by Saturday, September 23rd at the latest, with the Combat Master reserving the right to select early. Good luck to all those who apply.
The Dark Ascent Elos Vrai, Arx Arx System, 35ABY Like the rest of the architecture found in the Brotherhood facilities on Arx, everything in the Master at Arm’s office fit the Imperial design philosophy of order and efficiency. Aside from the...
The Dark Ascent
Elos Vrai, Arx
Arx System, 35ABY
Like the rest of the architecture found in the Brotherhood facilities on Arx, everything in the Master at Arm’s office fit the Imperial design philosophy of order and efficiency. Aside from the impressive showcase of merit and ceremonial awards, the office’s thematic decor was crisp and orderly. The only outlier was the lone door to a private room tucked into the back corner. The door had a faded, frosted glass window that was set above a rounded, archaic looking door knob.
Inside, the room was oddly dark and musty. An older man with silvery hair was hunched over a small terminal propped up on an ink-stained desk. A bookcase that had already begun to collect dust hovered behind the seat of his worn, plush chair. Charcoal dust filled a rusted goblet at the far side of the desk and stacks of parchment paper were scattered haphazardly around the rest of its surface. Most notable, of course, were the seemingly endless amount of stamps littering the desk and drawers.
Howlader Taldrya grumbled under his breath. He lifted a piece of parchment up to one of the many candles that illuminated the room outside the holographic glow of the terminal’s vidscreen.
Darth Pravus’ focus on the acquisition of Arx—and the creation of his New Order for the Brotherhood—had all aligned with Howlader’s goals. While the purge of Undesirables—the common name given to members of aliens species that Pravus had deemed unworthy of being part of the Brotherhood—had been the marquee force, other important changes had been made. Gone were the prophecies and rituals of the Krath and the barbaric warmongering of the Obelisk. The Sith had risen back to the top where they belonged. With that achievement came a sense of purpose that worked to make the Brotherhood all the more powerful.
This part, at least, was important to Howlader, as it allowed him to gain the power of office he required to shape the Brotherhood’s public image and record keeping policy neat and tidy. That said, he did sometimes wonder if the price paid was worth it...
- Howlader Taldrya hates digital technology and prefers the old ways.
- Through Howlader, we get a recap of The New Order story arc, fictionally, including the in-character motivation for Fleet Resets and new home systems.
- Kordath Bleu (Arcona), runs into Kelly Mendes (Plagueis) and reveals the conclusion to the Undesirables arc.
- Pravus feels that he has won, and no longer sees profit in having Inquisitors hunt down Undesirables.
- Laren Uscot (Plagueis) and TuQ’uan Varrick (Plagueis) are out past curfew in the Shadow Academy, and solemnly swear that they are up to no good.
- The duo hack the new but still somewhat vulnerable archives for...something.
- The Grand Master puts on a show of military strength by having the entire Iron Legion and Iron Navy assemble on their new home planet—Arx.
- Pravus appoints Lena Rhell (strategist behind Fist Dracaryis’ leadership of the Legion and Navy) Moff of the Arx System, giving her the political reign of the planet while keeping her close at hand for her tactical brilliance.
- Pravus gives a motivational speech. Eat your heart out, Hux.
- Turel and Archenskov watch the event from a feed on the Godless Matron’s dive bar. They are not pleased that other units seem to be making nice with Pravus, even if it’s just for image's sake.
- Turel and Arch muse over what to do for the Lotus.
- Turel gets a priority message from an agent he feels he can trust. Could it be the two meddlesome kids that were snooping around the Shadow Academy? (Most probably.)
- Turel and Arch decide it’s time to hit Pravus where it hurts, presumably using the information they got from their agents informants.
About This Fiction
This is Fiction 1 of 2 — as outlined by the Grand Master — to close off the New Order story arc and bring us into the upcoming Great Jedi War XII story arc. Expect the second fiction to pick up the pace in terms of action.
Multiple player characters in the Dark Jedi Brotherhood are featured in this update. Each of these characters have been approved for use by their respective author. I am a very big fan of transparency and consent, and am grateful to everyone for getting back to me so quickly when I’m working under a deadline. I appreciate it.
How do characters get picked? Usually, I will go to a Consul/Proconsul team and ask which of their members not only fits what I’m looking for, but also has set a good example as an active member. Other times I go off my own observations as a Dark Councilor and member of the community. I look for members that have been an active member of the Fiction Community — whether it’s simply competing in competitions or engaging in discussions in Fiction and Clan chats. Kordath and Kelly, specifically, were two major stand outs from the major ACC event last month, so their characters were picked to help represent some slight closure on the Undesirable plot line. Laren has been a superstar in both of his positions, as well as a helping hand for the Voice team. These are examples of what I look for, and they are examples that I know your leaders look for as well.
A special thanks to Tahiri, who's artistc render of Pravus' throne was used as the cover-image for the fiction.
Also, did I mention that Howie is now canon? Believe it.
That’s all for now. Keep an eye out for Chapter 5, as well as a report from me at some point.
Reminder, we’re currently looking for a new Magistrate to join the Voice team. For more details, see the news post.
If you fell behind and want to catch up on Brotherhood Plot updates, make sure to check out the Fiction Center!
Questions or concerns, you know where to reach me. Have an idea of what might come next? Hit up the comments!
Greetings programs, Bale has decided to step down as Magistrate due to real life obligations and work. I thank him for his work in the Herald office and hope he'll find the time to help us more in the future. That said, the Herald's office...
Bale has decided to step down as Magistrate due to real life obligations and work. I thank him for his work in the Herald office and hope he'll find the time to help us more in the future.
That said, the Herald's office will be accepting applications for the position of Magistrate. In fact, we're opening two positions!
(1) We're looking for someone with basic knowledge of Photoshop, Krista, GIMP or any other graphics program to help us with creating sabers, robes and other goodies for the members.
(2) We're also looking for someone to help us organize competitions, run DB Art chat, post questions, entice conversation, communicate with the membership, etc. That person should also be prepared and ready to learn new skills that I'll be teaching them with time.
If you think you have the skill and the know-how, or just the wish and will, by all means, apply as it is open to anyone in the Brotherhood, regardless of rank.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday the 17th of September.
What are we looking for?
- Basic skills in graphics manipulation software (Photoshop, GIMP, Krita, Illustrator, Corel, etc.) or a willingness to learn them
- 24-hour mail turn around
- A Telegram connection and Trello access are mandatory
- (1) Readiness to take on some of the most challenging graphics projects in the Brotherhood (#nopressure)
- (2) Readiness to face and engage the community and make the DB a friendlier place for all artists
Send all applications (including a portfolio of at least 5 of your most recent works if you're applying for the first position) to [Log in to view e-mail addresses]
Applications should be serious and well written and should include some of your own ideas for the position.
Do to real life time constraints, Marcus has had to step down from his position as Magistrate to the Voice. Marcus was a quick study and was a big help to the team right out of the gate. It’s sad to see him go, but real life always takes...
Do to real life time constraints, Marcus has had to step down from his position as Magistrate to the Voice. Marcus was a quick study and was a big help to the team right out of the gate. It’s sad to see him go, but real life always takes precedence. Thank you for helping out with the team, Marcus. I appreciate it.
M:Voice — Open
This means that we have an open magistrate spot. Before I get into details, let me cover a few things really quickly.
- Don’t be afraid to apply. You never know. Also, applying shows interest, and I’ve been known to throw tasks at people even if they aren’t part of Voice Team.
- I believe in people who are willing to do put in the work and do what needs to get done. Part of that comes with earning my trust. Some people might think I only hire people I like. And while I do count Atty and Braecen as friends, they are in their positions because they not only are good at what I ask them to do, but I trust them. That’s a big deal to me.
- If you apply and don’t get picked, feel free to follow up with me. I’m happy to talk to anyone who genuinely is interested and cares about feedback. I don’t have time for whining, though. I’m always happy to explain any administrative action I make. Doors open.
- Finally, it is my hope to attract members that are either not in leadership, or currently serving in junior leadership positions. That said, I care more about what someone is able to do reliably than I am with the other positions you might hold. If you tell me you can handle the work, and are willing to do so- apply.
With that said, here is what I’ll be looking for in applications:
Applicants will join a team with my current Praetor, Atyiru, and Magistrate, Braecen. The new Magistrate will be working closely with them to get onboarded. Usually I like to be more involved, but my focus is centered squarely on prepping, writing, and helping to execute a Great Jedi War with the rest of #TeamDC.
Taken from the Voice Staff Expectations document (internal), the duties of M:Voice include but are not limited to:
- Administrative action on Character Sheet approval and remands.
- Administrative action on Fiction Competition approval and remands.
- Provide feedback on Guideline or System changes/proposals.
- Work on and complete assigned projects/tasks.
- Proofreading Voice Staff documentation
- Read and stay updated on Voice Reports and Updates
- Have a working knowledge or comprehension of the Character Sheet system and the various documentations used such as the Character Sheet Guide and the Character Sheet Approval Guidelines. Any Magistrate selected will receive training on how we go about approving Character Sheets, but having a baseline understanding helps a lot.
- Have less than a 24 Hour turn around time on email.
- Maintain active presence and regular communication via Telegram, the Brotherhood's main communication platform. The Voice staff discusses a lot of things over our Telegram channel, and allows us to quickly answer questions and help each other out to make sure we’re turning around Character Sheets for members as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Confidence in proof reading both fiction and technical writing.
- Familiarity with the Wiki (helpful but not required).
- If you need time off or real life gets in the way, you must let me know. Ghosting without a word is not only hurtful, but not fair to the rest of the team.
Applications will remain open until Sunday, September 17th 2017. If I find a candidate I like sooner, I reserve the right to make an early selection. If I feel like I want to give more time to find the right candidate, I will extend. The selected Magistrate will start right away and work closely with the Praetor to get situated.
Thank you. Expect a Fiction Update to drop tonight, as well as a report later in the week to talk about projects and the upcoming Great Jedi War.
All- Two quick items to update you on: * Destiny Adjustments and Nightfall Strike Clarification * Overwatch Adjustments and New Modes Destiny 2 Adjustments We’re through the first weekend of Destiny 2, and our console players have been showing...
Two quick items to update you on:
Destiny Adjustments and Nightfall Strike Clarification
Overwatch Adjustments and New Modes
Destiny 2 Adjustments
We’re through the first weekend of Destiny 2, and our console players have been showing exactly why we wanted launch day support by turning in loads of screenshots for gaming clusters! If you had any reservations about picking it up because of a bad experience during Vanilla Destiny 1, throw them out the window. The story is engaging, there is a ton of initial content, and if the manner in which they adjusted activities during Year 3 of D1 is any indication, it will only get better from here.
While reviewing screenshots from the opening weekend, I realized pretty quickly that the time per cluster ratio was pretty spot on for Crucible matches, but was a little too high for Strikes. As such, I’m adjusting strikes down to 4 CEs per Strike completion. All modifiers remain in effect.
Additionally, the Nightfalls are proving extremely challenging. Because the events are timed and will end no matter where you are in the event, requiring you to start over from scratch, I feel it prudent to stick to the concept of effort as the key driver for gaming clusters. All nightfall submissions (successful or unsuccesful) are eligible for submission. There is a catch: You MUST submit a screenshot that shows the timer that you are being returned to orbit. A screenshot from orbit will not count. This shot proves that you ran out of time while attempting your run, rather than quit before it was over.
Any Nightfall screenshot that does not show the timer will be rejected.
As a reminder, you are no longer required to use the Bungie.net site site for your submissions. I am comfortable with screenshots from your PS4 or XBox One.
Now, get back out there, Guardians!
Overwatch is still one of the more popular games in the club. After discussions with some of the more regular OW players, i realized that the CF rewards for matches is a little low. I have adjusted the OW CF base rate to 2.0 instead of 1.0. This should make the modifiers for competitive a little better and make playing that way more worth your time.
Additionally, I recently ran a poll asking if anyone would be interested in adding the Team Deathmatch or Vs. AI modes to the game. The response was enough to convince me to do so without a formal test.
Effective immediately, the following modes are now live for Overwatch.
PvO Addition: Team Deathmatch: 2 CFs per match.
PvE Addition: Vs. bots Mode: 1 CE per match. 30 CE per day Cap
That’s all for tonight. Keep on gaming!