"What's Opera, Doc?" from 1957 Looney Tunes. As Bugs would present it in 1979: "The whole of Wag-neer's 17h Opera Cycle "der ring des nipple-lungs", condensed into only 7 minutes."
Summary of competition:
Write a fiction (short: less then 3k words, more then 500) setting the scene and turning this into a DB related spoof. Reflect the current DJB but also keep the tone and atmosphere of the provided scene as intact as possible. Two potential avenues here. a) Your character created this mocking scene and is watching it’s first illegal broadcast on DJB Holo-channels. b) Your character witnesses this first broadcast. In both cases, you will have to create the scene and your character’s response to it.
- Darth Pravus as Elmer Fudd.
- Atty, A’lora or any Light Side Elder as Bugs Bunny.
- Conversation from scene needs to be altered to reflect DJB situation and to keep the rhyme and tonality of the music intact.
- Setting the scene => Your character is viewing a DB holonews broadcast when it gets pirated by [unknown]. You watch as a 7min film mocking the Dark Lord is played. Either your character created the film or has nothing to do with it. In both cases, you're viewing the first broadcast of it over the DB channels.
- Quality of the story (1/20 = guaranteed for any submission)
- Respecting the DJB Characters (1/5 = guaranteed for any submission)
- Respecting the original scene (1957 Looney Tunes) (1/5 = guaranteed for any submission)
- How funny is your version? (1/10 = guaranteed for any submission)
- Does the rhyme and tonality respect the music (1/5 = guaranteed for any submission)
- Incorporation of specific items: the Magic Helmet (if you get Pravus to have it = +1) - What's up, Darth (+1) - "Kill the Jedi!" (+1)
- Respect of limits (Story = +500 words, yet under 3k => +5)
As such, every submission will get a starting score of 5/53 with points added based on the qualifiers above.
- There is a multimedia competition (sister-competition) to this one => Check that out too!
- Subscribers will have the original cartoon provided in details as well as a link to the script.
- While we do provide the script and expect you to turn this cartoon into a DB parody. Keep in mind that we don't expect a submission in script-format but an actual story.
- Based on participation numbers, we may upgrade to 1st level crescents.
- No Jedi were harmed - yet - in the production of this competition. Though, many Bothans died bringing you this information.