"What's Opera, Doc?" from 1957 Looney Tunes. As Bugs would present it in 1979: "The whole of Wag-neer's 17h Opera Cycle "der ring des nipple-lungs", condensed into only 7 minutes."
Summary of competition:
Record yourself singing your version. You can use the version you wrote in "What's up, Darth?" - Fiction or create your own version based on the script. This can just be you singing or - for extra points - set it to the correct music. You will either have to remove the vocals from the vid provided or find the correct pieces from their source-music and isolate those. The original scoring consists of 5 wagnerian opera pieces that can appear more then once. More details on this are available to subscribers.
- Darth Pravus as Elmer Fudd.
- Atty, A’lora or any Light Side Elder as Bugs Bunny.
- Lyrics/text from scene needs to be altered to reflect DJB situation. Try to keep the rhyme and tonality of the music intact.
- Either alter the script into a DJB version/homage to the original and sing your version, potentially add the correct music to it, or go all out and create a vid to go along with it. Be as creative as you want to be!
- Did you include the background music? (1/5 guaranteed for every submission)
- Does the song follow the music - was the text planned to follow the music? (1/10 guaranteed for every submission)
- Quality (1/20 guaranteed for every submission)
- Was the speech impediment of Elmer respected? (+5 points)
- Did the participant add a multimedia aspect or is it just sound (+5 for visuals)
As such, every submission will start with a starting score of 3/45 with points added based on the qualifiers above.
- There is a fiction competition (sister competition) to this one => Check that one out too!
- Subscribers will have the original cartoon provided in details as well as a link to the script. Additionally, the musical pieces will be identified and links to versions of them provided.
- Based on participation numbers, we may upgrade to 1st level crescents.
- No Jedi were harmed - yet - in the production of this competition. Though, many Bothans died bringing you this information.