Competition: Part I: A Forced Conversation
Part I: A Forced Conversation
Write a fictional “scene” composed only of dialogue that transpires between your character and another character from the Dark Jedi Brotherhood. These characters must have an active character sheet and both sheets should be linked and/or identified at the beginning of the entry, or in the submission comments. You may ask and are encouraged to talk about your entry with the other character's owner/writer.
The first topic for this series will be a common topic: The Force. This can cover anything from dark vs light, the ethics behind using it, or even its very existence.
- Entries must be no less than 250 Words, and there is (wince) no word cap.
- Entries must strictly feature dialogue writing between the two characters, and the two characters alone.
- Entries must not contain descriptions of actions that the characters are taking or depict any kind of interaction with props or the environment.
- Entries may contain vocal cues such as “he said, she replied, she inclined, etc.” as well as tones and volumes such as: “her voice rose, his voice cracked, his words were clipped and tight.”
Telepathy is allowed, but should be indicated in italics
There is no unit restriction on your choice of character for the purpose of this competition other than having a character sheet. They can be anything from a member of your unit, a Dark Councilor, or even a rogue, as long as they have an active and approved character sheet.
Grading will be done in accordance with the official Fiction Rubric.
- Entries that fail to meet the guidelines of the challenge will be graded down in accordance to the rubric.
Entry: 284 Words
“I understand if you don’t want to speak to me anymore, but at least hear me out,” Marick Tyris said somberly.
“I’m not going to apologize. There was only so much more that I could teach you. You have to understand that, at least.”
“Sure. That totally makes everything alright,” Adem finally responded.
“I never said it would. I just trust that I taught you better than to dwell on such things.”
“Yeah, well, I guess you got your wish,” the Umbaran sighed. “Why are you here?”
“I’m the head of the Inquisitorius. I can go where I wish.”
“So what do you want from me?”
“Last I checked, you were still an Inquisitor, and a friend.”
“Kind of hard to play either of those roles when the rest of your friends and family don’t want to play along with the new Voice of the Brotherhood.”
“Yeah, that tends to happen when one of your own goes off to join the psychotic Grand Master bent on wiping out the people you care about just because they have tails, ears, weird noses or all of the above. Oh, and when you take off the head of someone that trusted you and followed you into battle in the past.” Adem’s words never rose above a normal speaking volume. “Kind of puts a damper on familiar banter. So I’ll ask you again. Why are you here, on Ol’val?”
“I’m following up on a lead that I wanted to investigate personally. It just so happens that I needed to pick up some things from my favorite shop,” Marick explained plainly, his lilting voice lacking any hint of emotion.
“Okay, so take what you need and then leave, Master.”
- Parent Competition
- Voice Dialogue Series
- Organized by
- Master Marick Tyris
- Running time
- 2017-03-03 until 2017-03-19 (17 days)
- Target Unit
- Entire DJB
- Competition Type
- Second Level Crescents and Clusters of Ice as per VOICE guidelines
- 32 subscribers, of which 9 have participated.
1st placeRaider Laren Uscot
2nd placeSavant Aurora "Aura" Ta'var
3rd placeWarlord Rasilvenaira Isatri'Zara StormRaven
4th placeRanger Ka Tarvitz
5th placeWarlord Andrelious J. Mimosa-Inahj
5th placeMystic Tali Sroka