It is the anniversary of your clans' alliance and you have joined in the celebrations — forcibly or otherwise — to keep a low profile during your joint investigations only the have them interrupted. It seems an alliance founded in helping one another through conflict will be recognized the same way! Members of each of your Clans have been kidnapped, and it's up to you all to get them back, defeat the enemy, and route out the remaining Capital Enterprises moles infiltrating your ranks. Using any one or more of the provided prompts, detail your character's experience on Canto Bight amongst Arconans, Odanites, and the enemies plaguing them, and reflect what the alliance means personally to them, if anything.
- Forest from the Trees: While pursuing an enemy, you and a partner from the other Clan are lost in the wilderness nearby the casino city. What horrors await? Gouts of fire and large, angry wildlife? Traps and enemy battalions? The local CBPD picking you up for reckless endangerment? Or perhaps you just sit down on a rock to wait out your buzz and wait for rescue.
- Dog Days: You and a partner from the other Clan have been captured by either the enemy or the locale police, and you are now stuck in a cell together. Get out and get back to your Clans with whatever information you can!
- Glamour and Glitz: Just because things have gone completely awry doesn't mean you don't still have a mission. Partnered with a member from the other Clan, you must remain undercover and schmooze on the main casino floor while finding an opportunity to infiltrate entertainment rooms and gain intel on the wealthy backers supplying Capital Enterprises. Maybe persuade some to your own cause while you're at it...
- Down on the Farm: Together with a partner from the other Clan, infiltrate the racing arena area to get the scoop down at the lowest levels on your enemy's operations and any information that may lead to the rescue of your clanmates. Slaves know far more than you think.
Keep in mind while selecting any one of these prompts — or even combining several — that you will face much adversity from enemy forces if your cover is blown, and may well be accosted by local law enforcement regardless of whether or not you hide your true goals and abilities. Feel free to include any of the given enemy NPCs in your stories, or develop enemy forces as you see fit.
- Pairs should be made of one Arconan and one Odanite, and may be formed at participant's choice or assigned using this form if wanted. If a partner from the other clan cannot be found, one may be assigned from the participant's own clan.
- Your fictions must have a five hundred (500) word minimum per participant. 20k words is the overall maximum for a submitted fiction, not per participant. Participants should post their work to Discourse in the Fiction category, with [ARC-COU] in the thread title.
- Submissions should link to the Discourse threat and include the names and dossier numbers of both participants. Only one participant needs to submit to the competition.
- Snapshots are not required but are recommended for featured characters with full Character Sheets.
- Entries must follow at least one of the given prompts.
- Always have permission before using someone else's character.
- Explicit content is allowed, but be absolutely sure to uncheck the Publish Your Submission box if your fiction includes non-PG-13 content.
- Grading will be done using the Voice Fiction Rubric.
Please note, due to event limitations, this event is listed as "Entire DJB," but is only open to those two Clans listed - Clan Arcona & Clan Odan-Urr. All other entries will be disqualified.