This is Star Wars, right? Well, not today! But hey, that doesn't mean your character is gone! In fact, they're right over there, in the shoes of... someone else, it seems. It's time to cross over some interdimensional walls and break into a different fandom. The question is, who will you be in this alternate universe?
The theme of this round of What's My Fandom Again? is Overwatch heroes (and technically villains, too)! If you've ever felt like any of the playable Overwatch heroes reminds of your character in some way, either by the way they play in-game or in the stories that go beyond, now's your chance to bridge the gap! Use your preferred artistic medium to create an image of one of your characters in the shoes of an Overwatch hero - and optionally, within Overwatch's artistic style, as well!
Submission & Scoring:
- Entries will only be accepted in the following formats, .jpg, .png, .gif.
- Scoring will be done in adherence to the Herald Graphics Grading Rubric, with an adjustment: Adherence to Theme will be increased to 30%, while Technique will be reduced to 30%. Additionally, while a realistic rendering of your character is fully acceptable, attempting to replicate Overwatch's artistic style will be appraised equally.
- The top three contestants will receive Second Level Crescents, and all valid entries will be awarded Clusters of Graphite.
- It is well known that Overwatch heroes have a massive collection of alternate appearances in-game. You are welcome to reference any "skin" available in-game for your chosen hero, especially if it suits your character even better than the hero's default appearance. However, because of the immense variety in source material, all entries will require a note of the chosen hero and skin depicted, preferably in the submission text box.
- Due to the thematic focus of this competition, stick figures will not be considered valid entries. Additionally, because replicating a specific artistic style is both allowed and encouraged, the use of any visual assets directly from the game or its promotional material in your submission will reduce your score and, if it makes up a huge portion of your image, potentially result in disqualification.
- Please do not include any gear specific to Star Wars. Failure to exchange an object such as a lightsaber with appropriate gear for the setting will lower your score. However, creative styling in flavor with your character, such as trading a helmet's visor for a Mandalorian T-shaped visor, or styling an omnic's face to resemble your character's face, is acceptable.