The year is somewhere between 1935-1955. You have been transported by inexplicable means to Earth, in the Milky Way Galaxy, in cahoots with one Doctor of Archaeology, Henry “Indiana” Jones Jr. What’s more — and this may be a bit of a shock — but your Force powers, if you had any, have disappeared, as has all of your equipment.
It’s just you, your winning personality, and any number of amazing shenanigans and history to get you through this. How well do you adapt? What adventure(s) do you embark upon, and how epic do they become? Do you get the girl, are you the girl, or both?
Details and Grading
- In a minimum of 500 words, write a story of an adventure with your character alongside or as Dr. Indiana Jones. Bear in mind that in either scenario, it is still your character implanted from the Star Wars universe, and therefore will not have any pre-existing knowledge of our world. Who you fight (Nazis, Communists, heart-rending locals, etc.) is up to you.
- Preferred submission is PDF format; text-box submissions will also be accepted. Google Doc links will NOT be accepted.
- Grading will be done in accordance with the Fiction Grading Rubric, with any aspects regarding the Star Wars or DJB universe applicable to the real-world, per the above prompt. No Force powers. No Star Wars tech.
- Adult content is permitted, but do NOT publish the submission if it includes such content. A friendly warning to the organizer wouldn’t hurt.
- Second Level Crescents will be available to the top three placements, and Clusters of Ice will be applied in accordance with individual word counts.