The Deets (Details)
A fun meme has begun to circulate on the Holonet. It depicts an individual in 4 different “looks” and is tied to the different kinds of social media accounts that are commonly used.
For those not familiar with Social Media, you can use the following guideline:
- LinkedIn — Your character posing for a business/professional picture profile.
- Facebook — Your character posing for fun/with friends.
- Instagram — Your character posing for the art/expression.
- Tinder — Your character posing for a dating app, usually by trying to look “sexy” or “risque”.
For more information on the meme, check out the Dolly Parton Challenge here.
- Members can use any of their approved characters, including slotted NPCs and Alts.
- Each panel must include a picture of the character. For credit to be given, the image needs to represent some element of the featured character, even if it’s something as simple as eye color or hair-style on a stick figure.
- Entries can be anything from a rough sketch to a full colored render, and can either be hand drawn or digital.
- Photo manipulation is allowed so long as you are citing the source.
- If you are editing commissioned artwork of your character that you own, you are allowed and encouraged to use it!
How to Submit
- Create a four-panel image using the provided template, on your own, or with a photo-editing software of preference.
- In each panel, depict your character posing for one of the 4 social media accounts described above (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Tinder)
- Include a link to the character’s sheet or snapshot for reference.
- Download the Template here
Grading will be done utilizing the Herald Guidelines with a few variations.
- Preference will be given to original work over photo manipulated work for the sake of placement.
- As long as the entry shows an effort to uniquely identify the character, stick figures will be accepted as valid for participation.
- Bonus points can be awarded for both humor and accuracy to the character.