You've received an encrypted message about the discovery of an ancient Mandalorian insignia found at an archaeological dig site on Umbara. The details are scant, and the source of the information appears to be someone among the outfit performing the dig. The report indicates that the team on site believes it to be associated with the Mandalorian Crusaders, the order of Mandalorians who were the first to venture into the galaxy in search of conquest. You have received a request from the Clan Summit to retrieve the insignia before it can be moved off-world, where they suspect the artifact will be sold to the highest bidder.
- Site Location: Umbara
- Site Details: The encampment is a practical, low-profile setup amidst the Umbara dig site, marked by weathered tents, a central command area, and vigilant guards, reflecting an efficient approach to their operations.
- Leader of the expedition: Rennick Voss, a Duros flagged by the Aurora Collegium of Sciences as an underworld player in the game of black-market archaeology.
- Forces present on location: Rennick has enlisted a crew of heavily armed mercenaries and smugglers to safeguard his interests. If you're discovered, be ready for a fight.
How do you acquire the Insignia and return it to Clan Vizsla where it belongs?
- You may write as a main or alternate character.
- You may also include a small strike team, whether this be other Vizsla characters (with their permission) or NPCs.
- Fiction must be a minimum of 500 words, there is no maximum.
- Grading will be based on the Fiction Grading Rubric, bonus points for ideas that can be used in future competition prompts.
- be creative.
- Please submit in .PDF, .DOCX, or .RTF or the textual submission box.