Gui Sol has made himself a staple of Odan-Urr’s summit. He has led from the front, performed exceptionally at RM, helped grow our community, and helped out in some extracurricular efforts for the Clan. Each of these has made a positive impact on our Clan.
As for direct activity, he has participated in 18 competitions, 10 PvP matches, 3 PvE activities,1 ACC battle, 3 Fiction activities worth 1,395 words, 6 Shadow Academy courses, and 1 Shadow Academy Degree. During this, he earned himself 1 Gold Nova, 2 Crescents with Amethyst Star, 45 Clusters of Fire, 14 Clusters of Ice, 3 Clusters of Earth, 10 Clusters of Graphite, 2 Scrolls of Indoctrination, and 11 Seals of Visions. In particular, he was a great help during our most recent Great Jedi War, where he not only participated in all the bins but he placed in the top 10 in the Jedi Academy bracket and 1st place in the Fiction and Audiobook! Each one of these points was crucial in helping Odan-Urr gain the title of third Clan.
As for his position as RM, Gui has spent a considerable portion of his free time investing in improving Odan-Urr. Over the last 4 months, these activities include the following and took around 15 hours each week:
- Completed one major recruitment cycle using our social media platforms (also includes all those that decided they didn’t want to join the DB)
- Personally successfully recruited 2 new members to the Clan
- Enlisted and managed volunteers to accomplish off-cycle recruitment efforts
- Recruited additional masters to accommodate the larger influx of new recruits
- Managed master-student pairings closely, handling the delicate matter of student swaps as needed
- Active management of the Masters through a shared telegram channel, ensuring students are progressing forward and assisting Masters when they needed help with their students
- Welcomed new members to the Clan (first contact, getting them on telegram)
- Became a new Odanites first friend
- Served as a new Odanites master until one could be provided for them
- Took on 3 apprentices long-term
- Helped out many of the newest members of our Clan, through telegram and mail, to engage with the, often intimidating, GJW competitions
- Helped ensure that our older members engaged with the GJW competitions
- Attended 2 Community Weekend events for a total of 7 hours invested in playing games with his fellow Odanites or socializing with other Clan members
- Made himself a staple in Odan-Urr telegram channels, in fact a top 3 contributor
- Organized 2 competitions for his members, providing them things to do
All of these duties were crucial in helping grow Odan-Urr. Speaking from experience as a former RM, it often feels like you are always on simply because you never can quite control when someone will need you. RM is not a position where you can easily block off time for a task and ignore the world around you. Inevitably, a padawan or their master is already there ringing the bell on your desk. This is especially true when trying to recruit new members, which is a hard task to accomplish. So from the bottom of my heart, I very much appreciate all your hard work to help ensure the future prosperity of our family called Odan-Urr.
For all the above, I recommend that Gui Sol be awarded a Steel Cross. When taken as a whole, his energy and efforts towards helping improve Odan-Urr have been a great service to the Clan. Congratulations and well done!
Aurora "Aura" Ta'var, 2020-08-29 16:11:12 UTC