Competition: SRI Research Project #3 - Multi-Objective Fiction Prompt
SRI Research Project #3 - Multi-Objective Fiction Prompt
Justinios Drake has found the smallest morsel of intel that may lead the Sphere of Research and Intelligence to a bright future. Datapads recovered by Andrelious J. Mimosa-Inahj indicate that former Collective cybernetics researcher Torin Morgath had not only left the organization but may have been working with Kagu Shi. WIth the Collective still a major threat, and the protection of Shi’s Syndicate now gone, there is a good chance that Morgath is in dire need of allies. Justinios Drake has made the decision that the SRI would be the scientist’s savior and through his burgeoning backchannels has put out an offer to the elusive scientist.
A time and place for a meeting has been set in the Consortium of Free Merchants Sector on Chyron. You and your team have been chosen by Quaestor Drake to meet with Torin Morgath and return with her, intact, to the SRI.
Prompt #1 (Positive Morality): Torin Morgath picked a highly populated meeting location and you will not do anything to harm any bystanders or make the operation known to outside entities. Any fighting is minimized and is only in self-defense. Killing is only done in the heat of battle but is avoided if at all possible. By the end of your story Torin Morgath joins the SRI of her own free will by whatever justification you determine makes sense for the character and the organization.
Prompt #2 (Negative Morality): You don’t ask, you tell. Morgath is taken back to the SRI, alive, by whatever means necessary. Whether she likes it or not Torin Morgath ends up in the custody of the SRI by the end of your story. Additionally, with the meeting occurring in such a high traffic area some collateral damage, and unwanted attention, should result from your actions.
- Entries must be a minimum of 500 words. Any entries that are under 500 words will be marked as Disqualified.
- There is no maximum word cap.
- Your story should be centered on your Main or Alternative character. Slotted NPCs, Wikipedia NPCs, or other characters that you create or invent to tell your story are not only allowed, but encouraged. However, your narrative should focus around either your Main or Alternative character.
- A snapshot of your Main or Alternative character loadout must be selected and submitted with your entry.
- Preferred submission formats are pdf, doc or rtf. No links to outside documents please.
- With either prompt your story must end with Torin Morgath alive, healthy, intact and in the custody of the SRI. Submissions that don’t meet this qualification will not be eligible for placement. I’m sorry but we need a Supreme Director at some point.
- For both prompts remember that Rian has standing orders that no evidence can be left linking any activities of Force Users back to Taldryan. Incorporate this fact into your stories as it best applies to your character.
Grading will be done utilizing the Fiction Rubric.
- Parent Competition
- SRI Research Project #3: Onward and Upward
- Organized by
- Savant Justinios Drake
- Running time
- 2018-06-03 until 2018-07-07 (about 1 month)
- Target Unit
- Clan Taldryan
- Competition Type
- Third Level Crescents and Clusters of Ice as per VOICE guidelines
- 7 subscribers, of which 3 have participated.
1st placeWarlord Andrelious J. Mimosa-Inahj
2nd placeKnight Joe Durham
3rd placeAugur Raistline Taldrya Majere