I have been Justicar for nearly two months. During that time I have leaned heavily on two of the former Justicars--Kir and Yacko--for advice and counsel. The transition to Justicar is not an easy one. There is a heavy burden placed on the individual, and there is not much by the way of written guidance. So, in order to become accustomed to the job and learn my role, Kir and Yacko have been crucial to me.
I have had the opportunity in the past two months to deal with numerous judicial issues, including eight cases, multiple investigations, a disruptive member issue, and covenant amendment discussions. In each case, Kir and Yacko have been available to assist me with making the correct decisions. They have reviewed various matters at my request and have spent many hours discussing the Chamber with me. They have been instrumental in making sure there was a smooth transition between Justicars.
In terms of actual time spent, Yacko has likely spent between 14 and 16 hours assisting me in the past two months. Specifically are the following:
- Assistance with Justicar transition: 1-2 hours
- Discussion of Chamber policies, Justicar role, and administrative issues: 4 hours
- Assistance with various investigations and trial matters, including review of opinions and debate over same: 5-6 hours
- Discussion of needed Dark Covenant amendments and proposals: 2-3 hours
- Assistance with CoJ SA Exams, including creation of answer keys and grading multiple exams: 2 hours
Yacko will continue to be a huge asset to me on a going forward basis. I appreciate all that he does and look forward to working with him further.
Jac Cotelin, 2015-04-19 18:25:17 UTC