I apologize that the site had to be taken down again, but apparently there were still a few little leaks in the code. There may still be some -- who knows. I fixed another 3 holes that I found after going through the site script-by-script. The problem is that I might not know exactly what is attacking us the next time -- it may find another hole.
There are still some problems with the site that are attributable to the recreation of the database. Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, made it so when you import a database table, it not only ignores what primary keys are set, but it also ignores the "Allow Null Values" field. So, you may see errors that say "XXX column does not accept null values. If so, e-mail me -- easy fix. I think I got the ones that were screwing with new members and the ACC.
I am embarking this week on a "delete crap" mission. While suffering through nights of examining our database, I've decided that there are some tables that I don't need to ever look at again. Goodbye IWATS data! Hello stuff we actually use!
I have to do a little bit more data entry on the Character Sheets -- that's been pushed aside for the security stuff. I'll try to have the beta emails out this weekend and then launch it 1-2 weeks after that.
I am a bit behind on e-mails. Bear with me, thanks!
You need to be logged in to post comments