Help Wanted: Magistrate to the Voice
Do to real life time constraints, Marcus has had to step down from his position as Magistrate to the Voice. Marcus was a quick study and was a big help to the team right out of the gate. It’s sad to see him go, but real life always takes precedence. Thank you for helping out with the team, Marcus. I appreciate it.
M:Voice — Open
This means that we have an open magistrate spot. Before I get into details, let me cover a few things really quickly.
- Don’t be afraid to apply. You never know. Also, applying shows interest, and I’ve been known to throw tasks at people even if they aren’t part of Voice Team.
- I believe in people who are willing to do put in the work and do what needs to get done. Part of that comes with earning my trust. Some people might think I only hire people I like. And while I do count Atty and Braecen as friends, they are in their positions because they not only are good at what I ask them to do, but I trust them. That’s a big deal to me.
- If you apply and don’t get picked, feel free to follow up with me. I’m happy to talk to anyone who genuinely is interested and cares about feedback. I don’t have time for whining, though. I’m always happy to explain any administrative action I make. Doors open.
- Finally, it is my hope to attract members that are either not in leadership, or currently serving in junior leadership positions. That said, I care more about what someone is able to do reliably than I am with the other positions you might hold. If you tell me you can handle the work, and are willing to do so- apply.
With that said, here is what I’ll be looking for in applications:
Applicants will join a team with my current Praetor, Atyiru, and Magistrate, Braecen. The new Magistrate will be working closely with them to get onboarded. Usually I like to be more involved, but my focus is centered squarely on prepping, writing, and helping to execute a Great Jedi War with the rest of #TeamDC.
Taken from the Voice Staff Expectations document (internal), the duties of M:Voice include but are not limited to:
- Administrative action on Character Sheet approval and remands.
- Administrative action on Fiction Competition approval and remands.
- Provide feedback on Guideline or System changes/proposals.
- Work on and complete assigned projects/tasks.
- Proofreading Voice Staff documentation
- Read and stay updated on Voice Reports and Updates
- Have a working knowledge or comprehension of the Character Sheet system and the various documentations used such as the Character Sheet Guide and the Character Sheet Approval Guidelines. Any Magistrate selected will receive training on how we go about approving Character Sheets, but having a baseline understanding helps a lot.
- Have less than a 24 Hour turn around time on email.
- Maintain active presence and regular communication via Telegram, the Brotherhood's main communication platform. The Voice staff discusses a lot of things over our Telegram channel, and allows us to quickly answer questions and help each other out to make sure we’re turning around Character Sheets for members as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Confidence in proof reading both fiction and technical writing.
- Familiarity with the Wiki (helpful but not required).
- If you need time off or real life gets in the way, you must let me know. Ghosting without a word is not only hurtful, but not fair to the rest of the team.
Applications will remain open until Sunday, September 17th 2017. If I find a candidate I like sooner, I reserve the right to make an early selection. If I feel like I want to give more time to find the right candidate, I will extend. The selected Magistrate will start right away and work closely with the Praetor to get situated.
Thank you. Expect a Fiction Update to drop tonight, as well as a report later in the week to talk about projects and the upcoming Great Jedi War.