Hello All -
Two items to disclose now rather than waiting for my next report.
The Numbers Game
After discussion, we've decided to do away with medal upgrades entirely. This is back and forth on my part since I just announced "new upgrades," but Yacks and a few others rationally pointed out that they mean nothing. Serve little purpose yet come with work to maintain them. So we've adjusted ID lines to display straight numbers on all medal counts.
My "Name that Metal" competition was judged using everyone's suggested names, with those placements decided before this remove everything approach was finalized.
I'll Give You Choices on Choices
James will shortly be making a series of tweaks to Promotheus requirements. These adjustments are designed to address common concerns while bringing things in line with planned changes in the future. The changes are as follows:
- Remove "ACC Society" activities because they don't exist
- Remove the "Competition must be DJB-wide" rule from JH organizing activities
- Move "Complete DB Basics SA course" from ACO requirements to PRT requirements, still a hard requirement
- Remove "Begin to outline history" as a hard PRT requirement and make it optional
- For the "Satisfy 1 of the following" activity that includes Log onto Voice server/IRC/post a comment......Merge Voice server and IRC into a single activity....So the requirement becomes "Satisfy 1 of the following 3"
- Additionally, change "Post on the forums" to "Reach Trust Level 1 on Discourse forums"
- Remove the "Satisfy 1/2...earn crescent/novae" hard D/JK requirement and make these optional
- Change the wording of "Clan/House summit project" to: "Assist in a clan/house summit project including but not limited to fiction writing or Wiki article creation or editing. This project must be described in the promotion request."
- Change the wording of "Complete X words of fiction" to: "Write X words of character fiction as reviewed and approved by your unit leadership or master. Each word count tier may be achieved by separate prompts or by developing a single prompt, and multiple tiers can be completed at once by higher word counts."
- Add as a D/JK optional activity "Serve successfully as Battle Team Leader or higher for at least one month. Additional leadership experience including Shadow Academy grading and Magistrate work can count. All activity from leadership must be submitted to the Master at Arms for approval."
By and large, these changes will make several of the current ranks easier to obtain (less hard requirements). Some members may see their completion percentage drop, but this is because of losing hard requirements. Actual progress toward promotion should be the same if not closer. As always, I'm happy to hear feedback on anything the MAA handles.
Thanks everyone! Go do that vendetta thing that's running!