We are opening Voice applications as of today, with the application period closing midnight Sunday, 10/6 (We will not discriminate based on any one timezone for the midnight closing period :P). Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Grand Master, the Justicar, and myself. We will make the decision in consultation with the rest of the Dark Council relatively quickly after applications close. If an interested applicant will not finish an application by the deadline, please reach out to me.
The Voice of the Brotherhood is one of our most important positions, as it oversees many of our fictional systems with a huge impact on the experience of all members who interact with them. We have detailed responsibilities available on the Wiki article for the position, but we wished to provide additional guidance and suggestions to applicants below.
- No minimum rank
- Significant leadership experience
- Ability to work effectively on a team
- Clear understanding of the Character Sheet System
- Familiarity with the club fictional direction the past two years
- Do not propose changes to the ACC at this time.
- Voice is part of the informal Story Group that develops the macro plot for the club. As such, applicants should provide a vision for the fictional direction of the club, keeping in mind the role of Factions at one level or another moving forward.
- The Fiction Center and DB Fiction Chat play a large role in how members keep up with the story and interact with the community. Suggestions for how to continue to foster this community are welcomed but it’s expected that this level of communication and engagement continue.
- Any proposed changes to the Character Sheet System would focus on “large scale” changes; it is an expectation that the Voice will continue to work on minor updates and clarifications.
- We are open to new and big ideas for the position, but strongly discourage any significant changes to the site that require shifts in coding.
- All applicants should include a writing sample written for the Brotherhood (e.g. competition entry or report fiction). The applicant should indicate (briefly) how the writing style/substance would be adjusted when writing for a Brotherhood-wide audience.
We look forward to your applications,
Telaris “Mav” Cantor