Voice Update #10 - Praetor Applications Open
Due to real life time constraints and a focus on a different leadership in the club, A'lora/Kasula/Moro has decided to step down from his position as Praetor to the Voice. I wanted to personally thank him for all of his hard work and service, a lot of which has been background administration and some projects that are soon going to be announced that we're really excited about. Moro was recently awarded a Sapphire Blade for all his hard work. Make sure you wish him well as he focuses on his real life work and his new position as a QUA in Odan Urr!
P:Voice Applications: Open
That said, I'm going to need a new Praetor with how busy things will be getting in the upcoming GJW for me. I'm writing the plot and running multiple events, so it will be important for the Voice Staff to be functioning even while I'm focused elsewhere.
I will now quote from one of my favorite musicals to paint light of my now current situation:
We are out-gunned, out-manned,
We gotta make an all out stand
Ayo, I’m gonna need a right-hand [wo]man!
See below for details on applying for this position. Also enjoy this comic.
Praetor to the Voice
Taken from the Voice Staff Expectations document, the duties of P:Voice include but are not limited to:
- Managing and overseeing the admin queue for Character Sheets and Fiction Container Competitions.
- Stay on top of the Magistrates in order to keep approval times and queuing low.
- Task Magistrates with assignments/work.
- Communicate more than once a day with the staff by checking in at frequent intervals.
- Work on and complete assigned projects/tasks.
- Respond to Guideline, Policy, or System changes/proposals with feedback.
- Ensure full support of current Voice guidelines and regulations when handling inquiries.
- Freedom to develop and work on side projects without compromising on the above requirements that have been outlined.
- Proofreading Voice Staff documentation.
- Reading and staying updated on Voice Reports and Updates
What I'm Looking For In Applicants:
- An attached, formatted document to serve as an application. An email "letter" is fine, but basic formatting and presentation are very important as this position requires a level of organization and professionalism in that we deal directly with giving members constructive feedback. This is something that will effect my decisions.
- Have a working knowledge or comprehension of the Character Sheet system and the various documentations used such as the Character Sheet Guide and the Character Sheet Approval Guidelines. Any magistrate selected will receive training on how we go about approving Character Sheets, but having a baseline understanding helps a lot.
- < 24 Hour turn around time on email.
- Maintain active presence and regular communication via Telegram, the Brotherhood's main communication platform. The Voice staff discusses a lot of things over our Telegram channel, and allows us to quickly answer questions and help each other out to make sure we’re turning around Character Sheets for members as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Confidence in proof reading both fiction and technical writing.
- Familiarity with Wiki formatting and workflow (helpful but not required).
Additionally, feel free to tell me:
- Why you think you'd be a good contributor to the staff.
- Why you want to be P:Voice.
Please submit all applications to: [Log in to view e-mail addresses] by Friday, June 9th, 2017
Aside from needing to hire a new Praetor, the Voice Staff has been busy handling the influx in CS's thanks to the launch of NPCs. If you have any questions, though, don't hesitate to ask. We are best reached by email at [Log in to view e-mail addresses].
Oh, and one more thing.
GJWXII is coming. Events are being created, plot devices are being devised, and this boat is about to get real.
— M. Wall (aka)