PlagCast Episode IV: A New Podcast
Before I say hello, yes, Plagueis above is not properly spelled. I swear I'll demand the boss himself make a new one soon.
But without further adieu, welcome to the fourth episode of the Plagueis Podcast: PlagCast! The podcast runs a bit long as you'll see in a moment, but for super good reason. We had a special guest on the show, and they and the cast got deep into the fictional elements that comprise Star Wars and Brotherhood lore, as well as genuine writing tips and tricks for use in the DB and abound.
Below, as per usual, you will find the timestamps and production information. I hope you all enjoy, and once again, shout out to the man himself, Vivackus for getting this going. Though it may be PlagCast, the podcast is meant for everyone in the Brotherhood. Enjoy!
PlagCast Ep IV notes and timestamps:
This episode was recorded on February 11, 2018
As well, there are lots of Plagueis members getting shoutouts throughout. Listen to find them all! Laren may give out Laren Loonies.
- 00:01:00 - Opening and Introductions
- 00:02:49 - Wally’s Brotherhood background and history summary
- 00:06:20 - Wally’s favorite DB activities
- 00:08:35 - Wally ranks the Star Wars movies
- 00:18:10 - Clan Plagueis and Dark Brotherhood News
- 00:24:43 - Ask Wally begins
- 00:25:29 - Dacien’s GJW Phase 1 competition entry
- 00:27:36 - Two things that would improve most people’s fiction entries
- 00:35:52 - Discussion on fiction prompts
- 00:48:29 - Discussion on multiple levels of fiction within the DB, and how writing the official brotherhood story has shifted in focus over the years
- 00:57:32 - Writing fiction for competitions vs writing official fiction for the DB
- 01:00:00 - Creating antagonist NPCs for the DB
- 01:04:40 - Planning the storyline for the DJB
- 01:12:30 - If Wally had full control over the DB storyline, what would he want to focus on?
- 01:18:36 - How important is it to have read the official Star Wars novels to be able to write good DB fiction?
- 01:22:54 - Star Wars Aftermath book reviews with canon additions
- 01:24:28 - Everyone’s Creative Process for writing fiction
- 01:39:50 - Everyone’s favorite writing venue in the DJB
- 01:46:27 - Closing remarks
- 01:48:00 - Bonus Wally: Talking about DB leadership and communication
If you'd like to listen to the previous episodes, look no further than these reports below:
- Episode I: The Phantom Podcast
- Episode II: Attack of the Podcast
- Episode III: Revenge of the Podcast
With every podcast, the production, the conversations, and the company just continue to get better. Viv, thank you once again for editing this monster podcast, and thank you to all the guests and hosts (did I just thank myself?) for your amazing work. I seriously hope you all enjoy the podcast.
As always, if you have questions or topic ideas, send them along to Vivackus via the DJB e-mail he has listed in his dossier. Or you know what, send it here: [Log in to view e-mail addresses].
Adapt. Ascend. Avail.