I’ve been talking about the road to open beta for a while now, but now we are officially there. Of course, it’s a short pit stop because now we have to get on a different road towards live.
Open Beta Goal
There are quite a few additional items we need to wrap up during open beta. However, where the membership help is needed is just to use the system as if it was live, and provide feedback and concerns. During this process is an opportunity for tweaks to the balances and fixes to the code so that it’s working as intended after launch. We expect this process to take at least four weeks but could take more.
Please provide feedback directly in response to this report, or email me.
Open Beta Use Notes
- Salary: Everyone has had their credit balances reset, and updated using the latest logic. I’ve published this here on the DJB Wiki. There are still adjustments to be made, especially around CoJ and old positions, so live salaries will vary depending on how many times you’ve seen the Justicar and how many obsolete positions you’ve held. Note that you have until Possessions Launch to contact the MAA office in case you are missing any old position records on your DJB history.
- Research: You can research what you want to buy from Item Prototype Overview, link here. It’s also in the navigation now under Resources > Item Prototypes (Beta). This lets you seek out and research the various items in possessions to decide what you want without going to a store and worried it might be in a different store or temporarily stocked out.
- Stores: You can head directly to stores to buy items, link here. From inside a store you can directly buy the item you want and it will go into your inventory.
- Aspects: Each item has a number of Item Aspect slots on it. I published a policy here to help everyone understand what can be approved here. As well as hundreds of pre-written Item Aspects to cover all the items as a general head start and basic concept. In general, these aspects modify an item while keeping the overall balance, they do not upgrade an item.
- Item Admin: All members can rename items, review what they own, and administer the aspects on those items from their Administration menu under “Manage your Possessions”.
- Loadout: From item admin, there is a separate tab to build, and fill a loadout. This will be where a member can decide what they have equipped. Eventually, these loadouts will be pushed to the Character Sheets after we go live.
Open Items (Close before Launch)
These items are still in progress. Keep this in mind as you give feedback and use the system. Most should not impact usability.
- JM4 Trial of Acquisition; awards basic transport and Knight lightsaber
- Clan Credit earning plan
- Space Stations added for Clans
- Prototype item graphics
- Lots of guides and documentation
Dossier artwork/skins, character sheet loadouts and ACC integration will happen after things are live. Due to complexities of integrating a beta system with a live system, it’s much cleaner to integrate to live systems.
Regent Staff Links
Please use the possessions system as if it’s live, so we can test the balance as much as possible. But, keep in mind that additional tweaks will be done and things will be balanced, such that anything purchased or done during beta could be reset before things go live.