Competition: [RoS: Meridian Event Long] Team Writing - Faction Creation
[RoS: Meridian Event Long] Team Writing - Faction Creation
Faction Creation is a competition in the Event Long Team Competitions Bin. Participating in a competition in this bin for the first time awards 6 points from participation to your unit. The competition Objective-Based Team Fiction is also in this bin.
Participating in at least one competition in each Event Long bin will earn a member 5 additional participation points. See the parent competition for detailed rules.
This competition is worth a relatively high amount of placement points for Event Long competitions. Cumulatively, the placements in this competition are worth 15 % of placement points in Event Long competitions.
Members (2-4 per team) will create an entirely new Faction (without extensive subfaction details) or a Sub-Faction in the Collective (https://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/factions). The Faction may be completely original, or draw in some way from DB cannon, but should not be related to, or involved with, any current Clans or alliances between units. The Faction should not be an existing and well developed entity in Star Wars canon (No First Order, Knights of Ren, or Black Suns please). Factions do not need to be overly technical (e.g. should not contain anything like an Order of Battle, but could contain references where appropriate to assets a Faction may have). Factions created here may feature in future Brotherhood content, or may be used as inspiration for new enemies and allies for the Brotherhood, pending some modification by the Dark Council. Entries must contain:
- An introduction to the faction: Detail the faction’s background, territorial holdings, how it fits into the Brotherhood’s fictional universe (e.g. how it interacts with the Brotherhood and the Collective), and how it might change in the near and distant future. This introduction should be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 2000 words, and may be written in any style the submitting members wish.
- Faction Page Text: Text that would be found on the Faction page, such as a motto, as well as the “About the [Faction Name]” and “Leadership” boxes, as on https://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/factions/the-collective. The “About” box should have only a few short sentences about the faction at most.
- Example Faction Members: At least one, and up to three mock character sheets (no more than three) for members of the faction. These members may be at any standing within the faction. Character sheets can be screen captures from, e.g. the character sheet sandbox. Aspects may be stock or custom.
Submission Requirements and Team Contributions
Teams must include between two and four members, all of whom must contribute substantially to the entry. Entries must be submitted with the above requirements in one single document that clearly states the members of the team, including name and pin, near the top of the document. Teams should submit only a single entry per team.
The submission should have clear headings for each of the three required sections and should be submitted as either a Word or Google Document file.
Entries should clearly indicate how each participant contributed to the submission, such as through Track Changes or the like, and where contributions weren’t "written" into the document, as details provided with the submission that explains relevant contributions. Images/graphics are not required and will not be factored in to any grading criteria (excluding screen captures of character sheets, of course).
Factions will be graded based on the below criteria:
- 30% - Creativity. How interesting/creative is the Faction or Sub-Faction?
- 40% - Realism and Adherence to the Prompt. Is it clear how the Faction fits in the universe? Is the Faction realistic in the Star Wars universe, given the DB etc? Are character descriptions and aspects appropriate? (Note that members do not need Voice Staff level realism checks for NPC CSes, just don’t go overboard. Use available Voice resources as guidelines and you will be fine).
- 20% - Integration. Do the three required components of the Faction integrate well? Do they provide a basis to expand the faction?
- 10% - Syntax. Are syntax errors widespread across the documents? Do the documents adhere to basic formatting that allow them to be easily read?
- Parent Competition
- Rite of Supremacy: Meridian
- Organized by
- Grand Master Telaris "Mav" Cantor
- Running time
- 2018-10-14 until 2018-11-19 (about 1 month)
- Ends in
- 4 days (2018-11-19 23:59:59 UTC/18:59:59 EST)
- Target Unit
- Entire DJB
- Competition Type
- 31 subscribers, of which 0 have already participated.