Greetings, my friends,
Now that the storms have subsided and we're beginning recovery IRL, Arcona will be extending our application period for a new Proconsul. We'll be holding applications Brotherhood-wide from now until Friday, September 15th, 23:59 EST/04:59 GMT. Please send all applications or questions to Atty ([Log in to view e-mail addresses]) and Timeros ([Log in to view e-mail addresses]). We reserve the right to close applications early should the right candidate appear before the deadline, so get those applications in!
Things we're looking for in said applications:
- A concrete plan of action and ideas for the Clan moving forward
- Less than 24 hour email turnaround time
- Any past leadership in the Brotherhood or notable achievements listed
- Any leadership experience outside of the club or in real life that may be relevant listed
- Access to communication platforms (Telegram, email, Discord, etc). Strong TG presence will be looked upon favorably.
- Ideas for the fictional expansion and position of Arcona and their role within our changing Brotherhood
- Ability to mediate, work as a team, manage time, and problem solve
Things to note when applying (aka helpful tips):
- Having taken and passed the Shadow Academy's Leadership courses will be looked upon favorably.
- Knowing yourself is a good thing. Tell us about what you can bring to the summit and where you could improve.
- Know the difference between a goal and a plan. "I want to increase fiction activity" is a goal. "I will host bi-weekly fiction workshops to develop our writers" is a plan. Too often applications are full of lofty goals with almost nothing in concrete plans on how to achieve those goals.
- Be honest! If you have rough spots in your history or community reputation, you should probably address those. I do look into how an applicant is viewed in their respective community. Also, our Summit has and will always have strong personalities within it. You need to be able to stand your ground and show why your opinion is valid.
- Send applications to all the people we direct you to send them to. No, seriously. :P
Thank you again, brethren, for your attention.
Stay lovely and all the best wishes,