Voice Update #15: Magistrate Applications Open
Due to real life time constraints, Braecen has had to step down from his position as Magistrate to the Voice. Brae was an invaluable part of the team and spent a lot of time working with members on their character sheets. Beyond his metrics, he reached out to a lot of you individually, and was instrumental in helping us refine our language in how we processed remands in a more member-friendly manner. Thank you for helping out with the team, Brae. I appreciate you and will miss having you on the team.
M:Voice — Open
This means that we have an open magistrate spot. Before I get into details, let me cover a few things really quickly.
- Don’t be afraid to apply. You never know. Also, applying shows interest, and I’ve been known to throw tasks at people even if they aren’t part of Voice Team.
- I believe in people who are willing to put in the work and do what needs to get done. Part of that comes with earning my trust. Some people might think I only hire people I like. And while I do count Atty as a friend, she is in her positions because she is not only good at what she does, but I trust her to do things correctly in the same way I would. That’s a big deal to me. TuQ has also demonstrated great attention to detail in his work and has similarly earned my trust in his time serving.
- If you apply and don’t get picked, feel free to follow up with me. I’m happy to talk to anyone who genuinely is interested and cares about feedback. I don’t have time for whining, though. I’m always happy to explain any administrative action I make. Doors open.
- Finally, it is my hope to attract members that are either not in leadership, or currently serving in junior leadership positions. That said, I care more about what someone is able to do reliably than I am with the other positions you might hold. If you tell me you can handle the work, and are willing to do so- apply.
I am very confident in what I have in both TuQ and Atty as team members. The new Magistrate will work closely with both of them in the on-boarding process with getting up to speed with how we process things. My confidence in both of them is concrete.
With that said, here is what I’ll be looking for in applications:
Applicants will join a team with my current Praetor, Atyiru and Magistrate, TuQ. The new Magistrate will be working closely with them to get on-boarded.
Taken from the Voice Staff Expectations document (internal), the duties of M:Voice include but are not limited to:
- Administrative action on Character Sheet approval and remands.
- Administrative action on Fiction Competition approval and remands.
- Provide feedback on Guideline or System changes/proposals.
- Work on and complete assigned projects/tasks.
- Proofreading Voice Staff documentation
- Read and stay updated on Voice Reports and Updates
- Have a working knowledge or comprehension of the Character Sheet system and the various documentations used such as the Character Sheet Guide and the Character Sheet Approval Guidelines. Any Magistrate selected will receive training on how we go about approving Character Sheets, but having a baseline understanding helps a lot.
- Have less than a 24 Hour turn around time on email.
- Maintain active presence and regular communication via Telegram, the Brotherhood's main communication platform. The Voice staff discusses a lot of things over our Telegram channel, and allows us to quickly answer questions and help each other out to make sure we’re turning around Character Sheets for members as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Confidence in proof reading both fiction and technical writing.
- Familiarity with the Wiki (helpful but not required).
- If you need time off or real life gets in the way, you must let me know. Ghosting without a word is not only hurtful, but not fair to the rest of the team.
Applications will remain open until Sunday, February 18th 2018. If I find a candidate I like sooner, I reserve the right to make an early selection. If I feel like I want to give more time to find the right candidate, I will extend. The selected Magistrate will start right away and work closely with the Praetor to get situated.
- Please make sure to read the finale two chapters of Great Jedi War XII. Chapter 5 - Riposte and Chapter 6 - Finale. An epilogue is currently being worked on by Sarin.
- The Collective Chronicles has finished up. I'm happy with the entries I've received for NPCs, and will detail the results in my next report.
- Expect another short fiction relating to the Collective Chronicles to help incorporate the winning NPC entries.
As a side note, pointing out a typo in this newspost will not earn you brownie points in your application. Just a friendly tip.
That's all for now. Thank you.