Greetings everyone and welcome to my #37th report as Grand Master of the Dark Brotherhood. This report will cover a quick number crunch, a few comments on DJB-wide projects, a possessions update, live tweeting madness from Star Wars Celebration, and recognizing several members for their outstanding contributions. Here we go.
1) Crunching the Numbers: By now, all of you have realized that I like to look at statistics and as a way to monitor the health of the DJB. We can interpret the numbers in a million different ways, but they do provide us with insight on how things are going. Mav will be posting an in-depth look at the numbers in a few days, but I did want to highlight two sets of numbers. The date range for this particular pull is from 24 February (The day I took over) until 3 April.
The Dark Jedi Brotherhood has +12 members on the active rolls. CNS has had the largest number of new members with 7 while Tarentum has had the largest % of active member increase with 6 new members (yes, that is 13 alone, but some units dropped members).
We have 6 new Dark Jedi Knights (Congrats: Aule Jr., Scholae Palatinae. Drake Starfire, Scholae Palatinae. Jalen Ramz, Tarentum. Qormus Aquila, Plagueis. Sebz Janren, Naga Sadow. Dracaryis, Plagueis.) Congrats on CSP and CP on mentoring two Knights during this window!
Expect to see numbers on competitions run, % of participation per unit in competitions, new member joins, and a host of other related data in Mav's upcoming report. Overall, I'm satisfied with our club's health right now and remain optimistic for this fall's release of EP7.
2) The Grand Master's Communique #2 has been sent to the Dark Council and uploaded on our Forums to maintain open communication. Communique #2 focuses on awards, projects, and a recent little hiccup relating to some statements on our TS server. Check it out!
3) Mav's last report highlighted our renewed focus on DJB-wide projects and the absolute need for those projects to be vetted through the Grand Master/DGM. Over the next several months we will release multiple new DJB systems that will all be nested with one another. These systems will be reliant on consistency of wording and are rolling out in a very prioritized manner. There should not be any random projects still out there, but if there is, please contact Mav and I right away.
1) Possession Polling Numbers: Kir ran a poll recently to make sure we were designing the possession system with the items you want in mind. That being said, everyone really wants Weapons (72), quite a few want Ships/fighters (34), the same for Armor/Clothing (30), ditto for Droids (30), and a lot of you want random stuff (26). The good news is that our current possessions break down supports your desires.
2) Current Item Count: The Master Item list is presently sitting at 572 items with updates still pending on ships and armor. I expect our starting list will have well over 750 items by the time we begin to accurately balance pricing and rarity.
3) FYI: Did you know that the DJB currently offers 138 variants of weapons for your dossier? Not too shabby. Even better, the bulk of items are available to EQ2 and below.
1) The Dark Council is currently discussing a new Order and Path proposal that has been in the works for several months. I'm going to be 100% transparent with everyone, this is a significant and exciting change in the way we do things within Dark Brotherhood. The basic premise of the new system is to offer each Clan the ability to align with two paths, be it light, neutral, or Dark. These new alignments will also directly reflect the recruitment pool of new members into units. Individual members will select Orders that will define how a member interacts with the Force or if they interact with the Force at all (spoiler).
There are a lot more details, intricacies, and a host of other issues that the DC are discussing right now. Mav and I will send the proposal to the Clans once the Dark Councilors have finished their internal staffing process. More to follow and soon.
Oh, and here:
1) The Fist, Grand Master, and Jedi Knight Zednich Wolfram will be traveling to Star Wars Celebration and staying at a property immediately adjacent to the convention center. We will drink beer, be geeks, stand in line for autographs, but more importantly....advertise the DJB like the nutjobs we are.
All your Social Media Belong to Me: I will be live Tweeting, Live Facebooking, Live Trivia Hosting, and Live Social Media'ing the DJB's presence at Celebration. Yacks has graciously agreed to hand me the keys to the Social Media Kingdom in order to highlight and hopefully drive interest in the DJB. More to come on the competitions!
OMG, the return of the business card. Our Fist has done an outstanding job putting together our new business cards. We plan on passing these out to anyone in a costume, anyone that asks about our T-Shirts, or anyone that remotely shows interest in our club.
A T-Shirt (that doesn't say Jedi for copy right reasons): Val has also put together a T-Shirt for us to wear in pure Geek Glory. We will also be passing out T-Shirts to anyone who shows a great deal of interest in the DJB. If a DJB member is at Star Wars celebration, come find us and get your free shirt!
I'd like to end this report with by highlighting several of our members and their recent work in supporting the DJB.
A lot of people are doing a lot of good things across the club. Make sure you take the time to thank those people who have helped provide all of the great things to do here. I hope everyone has a great week! Catch you next time.
Grand Master Pravus
You need to be logged in to post comments