A Message from the Consul
Hello, darlings! Welcome to another report!
So, the first round of [A Normal, Completely Uneventful Vacation][comp-1] is done and dusted. But alas, our relaxing vacation is about to come to an end. Check out the fiction update below for more information.
In addition to the competitions, we are trying something a little different in that we’ll be tying a RP session directly to the event. The RP session will be run by Atyiru and Sera, which means it is sure to be
extremely traumatic a good time! Stay tuned for more details on that!
We have a lot to get to, so let’s get cracking!
A Message from the Proconsul
It’s been an interesting few months, but I am officially 100% back! Got meeself a new house and a full internet connection. I’m back baby!’
I was extremely happy with the efforts I have been seeing by everyone these last few months. Y’all have been doing some great work, and I can’t wait to see what comes out next from everyone.
I hope you guys enjoy the competitions and the rest of the story our dear Consul has come up with for you. The RP that coincides is sure to be an exciting one. Have fun you lot!
Table of Contents
- Clan Fiction Update
- Awards, Promotions and Transfers
- Activity and the Discretionary Funds
- Ask Red and Gray
- In Closing...
Clan Fiction Update
Lieutenant Jace Irunel slung his repeating blaster rifle and mopped the sweat from his brow. The oppressive heat was starting to abate as the sun slid toward the horizon, but he knew better than to hope for any semblance of comfort now that night was falling. The humidity would remain, and with the darkness would come large, hungry insects that were impervious to pesticides.
He couldn’t say this was his most miserable assignment, but it definitely made the top three.
He scanned the jungles that surrounded the temple ruins, searching for movement in the growing shadows between the trees. He could not detect any threats, and he knew that the communications techs would inform him if anything appeared on the scanners. Though there were a few large predators that lurked beneath the jungle canopy, they gave the ruins a wide berth. In a way, Jace could not blame them. There was something unsettling about the temple.
You can read the rest of the fiction here.
The first round of [A Normal, Completely Uneventful Vacation][comp-1] is done and dusted. So far, Qyreia is in first place, with Tali in second and Aru in third. But the second round is live, which means its time to try to knock them from their lofty heights of the top three placements!
We have some new Arconae! If you haven’t already, be sure to take the time to congratulate Kord and Zuji!
Can’t get enough of that sweet, sweet Arconan news? There, be sure to check out the Galeres and Qel-Droma reports!
DB Wide Updates
PVP chat and ROC changes! An intriguing JA ladder! There is all sorts of good stuff in the Fist Report.
Reorganized courses! New courses! Decathlon Winners! All this and more in the Headmistress Report! And if that isn’t enough, there is also a supplemental!
Curious about the lightsaber form changes? You can read all about it in the Voice Supplemental.
Activity and the Discretionary Funds
Here is the updated House Discretionary funds.
Don’t spend it all in one place!
Ask Red and Gray
The Log has a few questions:
- Why did we have phases for a Clan silly event? :P
- Aidan: Made more sense for story reasons. shrugs
- Lucine: So that I could pull off a complete tone shift in the middle of it. Yay bloodthirsty monsters!
- When are we ever looking at having a proper feud with another Clan?
- Aiden: When another Clan decides they wanna fight us!
- Lucine: An excellent question.
- Has it been long enough to start running tournaments for games?
- Aiden: Dooooo iiiiiit!!!!
- Lucine: Go nuts.
- When is Aiden going to murder Lucine, take her place and then remove his mask revealing he was the Chiss all along?
- Lucine: shifty eyes Also a good questions. When is that going to happen?
- Aiden: The assumption being made here is a strong one. winks
Atra asks: If you had to choose between this and Hawaiian pizza, how many slices of Hawaiian would you have?
- Aiden: I...I’m not sure I could bring myself to eat either, if I’m being honest.
- Lucine: Ugh. One of Hawaiian, I guess. But only because I think bubblegum flavor is an abomination.
Atyiru demands to know:
- Does Lucine think Cora is prettier than her and if so what are her feelings?
- Lucine: “He has some very nice features, and he can pull off certain better than I can.. But prettier? No.”
- When are she and Atty going to have The Talk?
- Lucine: After the event is done?
- Where's Lucine's Arconae tattoo? Does she cover it? What are her feelings about her new status? Success?
- Lucine: On the back of her neck, and when she is performing her duties as Consul, she doesn’t cover it. As far as how she feels, I’d say she’s feeling like everything is going according to plan.
- Lucine and Aiden working well together?
- Lucine: Swimmingly. Really. He is much more preferable than his predecessor. Really. It is wonderful to have him around.
- Aiden: Aiden has no real complaints, except she keeps using Rhylance’s name when speaking to him for some reason...
- How's the dagger, asking for a friend.
- Lucine: “As good as an inanimate and perfectly harmless weapon could be, I suppose!”
- Aiden: What dagger? I haven’t seen a dagger.
- Satsi keeps showing up in the same outfits during vacation as Lucine and staring her dead in the eye across the pool, thoughts?
- Lucine: “Ambivalent. It is like watching a hedgehog trying ice cream for the first time. It is wonderful to watch a dumb beast try something despite the fact that it has no hope of actually succeeding or appreciating its full magnificence. And then you remember that the hedgehog is poking its filthy snout in your ice cream and it is slightly less amusing.”
Terran asks: Why don't you make a shorter, snappier hashtag?
- Aiden: Cause I’m not clever enough to think of one.
- Lucine: And miss out on having this question asked every time? Never!
Tali burns with a thirst for knowledge (or perhaps just forgot to apply sunscreen):
- Did you learn nothing from the previous Sith temple fiasco?
- Lucine: “I learned that ancient temples are wonderful sources of knowledge! It is an excellent lesson.”
- Aiden: “No two temples are the same. Surely we should have had a good experience by now.”
- "I vas just going over the recovered item manifesto from saidt Sith temple, andt I don't see any mention of the dagger. Any idea vhere it couldt have gone?"
- Lucine: Uh… I am more concerned about the Book than some rusty old dagger. Has Alaisy returned it yet?
- Aiden: What is this dagger I keep hearing about???
- *What is your favorite beach sport?
- Lucine: “Does people watching count?”
- Aiden: “Define beach? And sport?”
- What is your favorite beach/summer meal?
- Lucine: OOC, I love hamburgers. IC? Who knows? Something fancy and expensive, probably!
- Aiden: OOC walking taco’s. IC? I don’t know Star Wars food that well. But the equivalent of meat on sticks probably.
- When can we expect to hear the pitter-patter of tiny feet in the Consul's office? ;)
- Lucine: Why would you ask that? What is it you think you know?!
- Aiden: I try to stay out of that office myself. At least while she’s in there.
- Are we on schedule to deploy The Device?
- Aiden: “Now I am very concerned.”
- Lucine: “Oh yes. Soon…. “
That’s it for this month! As always, if you have concerns, ideas, recommendations or a general need to chat, we are always here for you. Whether on TG (@Lucinevasano and @AidenLD) or email, feel free to reach out. We generally only bite if asked.